British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Only Me! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/only-me-244866/)

maxpaxx Jul 28th 2004 5:18 pm

Only Me!

Hello all...

The container left last Friday and we have now moved in with Mum for the next 8 weeks. It's not so bad and Mum has been a star.

It was a very sad feeling watching the container being sealed up.

They were packing for 3 days and it left on the last day - it was going to Southampton and then up to Tilbury.

Feeling very unsettled at the moment and itching to go.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.:)

Max x

nosuchluck Jul 28th 2004 5:21 pm

Re: Only Me!

Hi Max!
great to see you back on line!
so your stuff's gone too! we shipped with Pickfords our stuff has been gone for two weeks probably still in Tilbury docks!
we're still in the bungalow, sitting on sun loungers and patio chairs!
when do you leave? we fly on the 7th September, 6 weeks yesterday!
hugs
Rach xxx

HiddenPaw Jul 28th 2004 9:27 pm

Hiya Max
At least you can enjoy the next 8 weeks of summer in the UK :D :rolleyes:

You must be so excited about going to your new house in WA....will you be moving in as soon as you get there?

Good luck
HP

Boomie Jul 28th 2004 11:31 pm

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Max!
so your stuff's gone too! we shipped with Pickfords our stuff has been gone for two weeks probably still in Tilbury docks!
hugs
Rach xxx

remember to save us a couple ov loungers.... in aug!!!!!

love boomie
xx

Boomie Jul 28th 2004 11:33 pm

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Hello all...

The container left last Friday and we have now moved in with Mum for the next 8 weeks. It's not so bad and Mum has been a star.

They were packing for 3 days and it left on the last day - it was going to Southampton and then up to Tilbury.

Max x

all the best max.....

its the same for us.... PSS came yesterday and we are now wiv mum for 10 weeks....

love boomie
xx

maxpaxx Jul 29th 2004 7:50 am

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Hiya Max
At least you can enjoy the next 8 weeks of summer in the UK :D :rolleyes:

You must be so excited about going to your new house in WA....will you be moving in as soon as you get there?

Good luck
HP
Hi HP,

It looks like it might actually be a nice day today for a change;)

Now it's real starting to get a little scared:scared:

We can't move into the Iluka house till next May that's when the lease runs out. They have got further options after that but we have to agree to it. We are buying another house when we get there (mortgage up to the hilt!!) we got a mortgage offer so we just have to find somewhere - unfortunately won't be very expensive but we'll have to get something that needs work or a cheaper area.

So the plan is live in that one and then move into the Iluka house next year and rent the second one out - well thats the plan!

Hope you are ok - what are your plans now?

max x

maxpaxx Jul 29th 2004 7:56 am

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Max!
hugs
Rach xxx
HI Rach,

are you staying in the house for 6 weeks without the furniture?

Not long now! We are'nt leaving till 29th so we are a bit behind you - if I look ate the calender in my own particular way I can say it's 8 weeks - but it's closer to 9!!

There seems to be loads of us at the same stage right now doesn't there?

Anyway with a day like today hope you are making use of the sun loungers - you'll have a good base coat before you arrive!

Max x

maxpaxx Jul 29th 2004 8:00 am

Originally posted by Boomie
remember to save us a couple ov loungers.... in aug!!!!!

love boomie
xx
LOL you are in the same boat as us!

My poor Mum has even given up her bedroom for us and I don't feel good about that.

One thing that I think will help is that it's going to be sad when we leave but it will quite nice for them to have their house back so it is probably a god idea in the long run - kind of takes the edge off the sadness.

The girls keep saying when can we go home?...what can I say to that..umm we don't have one right now just a few suitcases.

My stepdad went to a car boot and bought them a few toys as they have hardly anything and they are sharing a room so that must be strange for them too.

Max x

the plumber Jul 29th 2004 10:56 am

Nice to hear from ya.....max , our boxes went last friday , next to nothing left in the house, apart from us.

Well the big day's getting closer for all of us.....:confused:

all the best plum:beer:

ssinnige Jul 29th 2004 11:19 am

I can't stand the idea that the furniture is gone and you have to stay here for about eight weeks! I'll have my furniture shipped away just a week before I actually step onto the plane. If my bed is going, I'm going too :D

The only thing is, I'm without furniture in Australia for a couple of months then (except for the items my wife has already in storage there). But at least I'll be in Aussie-land.

podgypossum Jul 29th 2004 11:25 am

Good onya Max

I think you have done it the right way...at least when you arrive you wont have to wait weeks or months for your stuff to arrive...many of us settle better once we have our own stuff around us.

josiejo1974 Jul 29th 2004 11:43 am

Hello

September will be here before you know it, been living with the In Laws now since 9th June and our flights are booked for 14th November, so quite a way to go yet, but with exam stress before the flight and finishing work etc, I'm sure it'll whizz past, the last 18 months certainly have.

Is everyone living with the In Laws??

Josie

Go Banana's !! Jul 29th 2004 12:06 pm

Hello all...

Max x
Hi there

Great to see you back on line. Me little moon buggy is doin' great and hopefully you'll be here before you know it. Good look living with the rels!!

Jill
:)

nosuchluck Jul 29th 2004 4:17 pm

Hi Josie
no we're still in our bungalow but without any furniture, just a few garden sun loungers, a patio table/chairs oh and crappy mattress to sleep on!
fun it aint!
rach x

HiddenPaw Jul 29th 2004 6:00 pm

Hope you are ok - what are your plans now?

max x
gawd, you've got it all going on with houses and mortgaes! hope you find something to keep you going till next May!

We're staying put for a year or two...need to try and see if we'll settle...we've got Aussie friends over from Melbourne at the mo which doesn't help with the settling process (too much reminiscing going on!)....and if we don't settle, I guess we'll be boomerang Poms!

Take care

HP
x