Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Only going for the Beach or weather?

Wikiposts

Only going for the Beach or weather?

Old Aug 19th 2003, 6:26 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Utopia

In Australia, the sun never stops raining
It also never rains in Australia
Australia is a crime free utopia, free from racism and other forms of descrimination.
I will be able to make my fortune in Australia and retire at 35.
I want a huge house with a pool, five minutes from the beach, for under £50000. I can get this in Australia.

Mel

Ditto all of that AND watching all the surfy dudes while on the beach soaking up the sun!
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by mika24me
Dotty, this is for you as you were complaining that the forum had slipped to far into reality. Enjoy!

I'm going for the following reasons:

Australia is a crime free utopia, free from racism and other forms of descrimination.
I want a huge house with a pool, five minutes from the beach, for under £50000. I can get this in Australia.

etc etc

Mel
Should have got here three years ago, number 5 applied several times over.

Number 4 change age to 39.

3 2 1 Sorry
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:51 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PeteY
Main reason im going, is to be closer to my mother in law.

Main reason we're going is to retire, we're in our mid 40's and can afford to retire in Oz, we want to give our children a less stressfull life, maybe buy them businesses when they leave school and see what they can do.
Can't really consider retiring in the UK, cold, damp, dark and depressed. Just want a freer more realistic life, I know there's good money to be earn here in the UK but have worked our nuts off to get ahead, now it's time to play. If this dosn't make sense it's because I just got back from the Pub, where's my bloody Visa?

Slater
Old Aug 19th 2003, 9:07 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

[
ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

I want the climate, the nice lifestyle, (know I wont be rich - Im a nurse after all...) the nice people (know they arent all nice too...)

and why not? got 3 little kids who I dont want to turn out to be like the majority of the local hooligans... schools round here teach self defence as an after school club . . . dont have outdoor sports because the playing fields are infested with mice and hypodermic needles. . . the social high-light of the year is the party to celebrate your neighbour geting off scot-free with his 8th anti-social behaviour order infringement with a slap on the wrist and a sob story about his history of childabuse..
Agree with SLATER - uk is dark, damp and miserable...why on earth bring up your chizeroos in the uk when you can have oz?
NEED I GO ON....???

Last edited by tiredwithtwins; Aug 19th 2003 at 9:10 am.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Anlowi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
[
ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

I want the climate, the nice lifestyle, (know I wont be rich - Im a nurse after all...) the nice people (know they arent all nice too...)

and why not? got 3 little kids who I dont want to turn out to be like the majority of the local hooligans... schools round here teach self defence as an after school club . . . dont have outdoor sports because the playing fields are infested with mice and hypodermic needles. . . the social high-light of the year is the party to celebrate your neighbour geting off scot-free with his 8th anti-social behaviour order infringement with a slap on the wrist and a sob story about his history of childabuse..
Agree with SLATER - uk is dark, damp and miserable...why on earth bring up your chizeroos in the uk when you can have oz?
NEED I GO ON....???
Is it okay to reply too, although we are off to NZ? Have 5 children including twins and think it is time for them to chill out, as well as us, to enjoy their childhood and not spend every waking hour doing after school work and worrying at the age of 8 what career they should be heading towards. Besides, they lack that very special skill that no-one has mentioned, being able to walk on your head, it's gotta be worth going for that. Can't wait...
Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:31 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Dotty, this is for you as you were complaining that the forum had slipped to far into reality. Enjoy!

I'm going for the following reasons:

etc etc

Mel

Nice piss take whats your day job , thats if the mental home lets your out on your own .

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 19th 2003 at 4:33 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:47 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Nice piss take whats your day job , thats if the mental home lets your out on your own .

Hi PB

I am what we call in this country a "call centre numpty ". They do let me out at weekends but I must be accompanied at all times by a functioning adult!

Mel
Old Aug 19th 2003, 7:55 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PB

I am what we call in this country a "call centre numpty ". They do let me out at weekends but I must be accompanied at all times by a functioning adult!

Mel
Must be hard to find one in Jockland and impossible in Australia.

Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:48 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

I came to Oz because I was fed up with the Victorian,sexist attitude of Britain.As you are all aware,I am a staunch supporter of equal rights for the birds,I mean women,and found it a real breath of fresh air coming here.
Below,is a new invention shown on last nights "Tomorrows World Down Under " in which Bruce 'don't call me Kieron' Prendiville ,showed the worlds first mouse for the home PC specifically designed for tarts-oops I mean Sheilas,oops-ladies.

BB-burning my bra as we speak.
Attached Thumbnails Only going for the Beach or weather?-mouse_for_women.jpg  
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

If only there was a laughometer on here, your posts would win every time. !!!

P.s hubby says, where can he get one?
Old Aug 19th 2003, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Only going for the Beach or weather?

Originally posted by porkchop
Some on this forum (like Dotty) believe that most people moving to Australia are only going for the beaches or the weather.
I disagree, and believe that most of us are not that shallow.

I for one have a more important reason.
To watch the water go down the plug hole the opposite way.

Why are you going?

PC
The water down the plug hole thing is a myth. The water is directed more by the location of the tap and the shape of the sink and little imperfections in it than the spin of the earth. I rememer a physics teacher at school showing us this years ago. Have a look at several sinks in your place or try moving the tap about if you have one of the moveable mixers. They have even repeated this myth on telly loads of times but it is still a load of bull.

Yet another thing that is not true about downunder, despite the myths.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 11:41 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Wilf
The water down the plug hole thing is a myth. The water is directed more by the location of the tap and the shape of the sink and little imperfections in it than the spin of the earth. I rememer a physics teacher at school showing us this years ago. Have a look at several sinks in your place or try moving the tap about if you have one of the moveable mixers. They have even repeated this myth on telly loads of times but it is still a load of bull.

Yet another thing that is not true about downunder, despite the myths.
Wilf.

Try this :

Fill your sink with water, then take the plug out. Tell me which way the vortex forms.

I will do the same here and give you the verdict.

Pete.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 11:45 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Mine went anti clockwise.....
Old Aug 19th 2003, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf [/i]

Yet another thing that is not true about downunder, despite the myths.[i]
So does this mean that the water that ran down the plug hole the other way during my 4-year stay in Africa south of the equator was not doing what I saw it do? They never talked about it on tv, but it still did it?!
Old Aug 19th 2003, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
Wilf.

Try this :

Fill your sink with water, then take the plug out. Tell me which way the vortex forms.

I will do the same here and give you the verdict.

Pete.
It would depend on which sink I use, how I take the plug out, etc. The earth's spin has a much smaller effect on the water than the details of the sink, etc. I remember doing all this sort of thing many aeons ago. Even though I may make more trips to the bathroom these days than then, pete, I won't bother for this one if you don't mind. I found a web page on this very thing a while ago.

Have a look at this:

www.snopes.com/science/coriolis.htm

This is a very good place for all sorts of myhts and legends. Did you know, for example, that Margaret Thatcher was a woman?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.