Only in Britain..................

Old Dec 20th 2002, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Twofingersalute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Brits

Originally posted by jeannie
Pommie ,
I'ts Xmas be nice lol ........
I should be! mery christmas to all in england! but you have to be nastie in australia in order to survive-the aussies regard kindness as weakness!!
Old Dec 20th 2002, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: only in Britain

ok hows this for australian politics: minister peter reith's son got hold of the minister's never ending phone card and run up a bill, wait for it:for $50,000!!! He didn't resign and mumbled "it was a mistake"-it certainly was-actually allowing any australian to vote at all, is a mistake!-
also did you know IT IS COMPULSORY to VOTE in australia-if u dont they fine YOU!!! very democratic-

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Dream on pollies here get caught and face up and never ever resign talk to the good people who voted them like they are crap under their feet , ten times worse than UK no honour at all, and a pension pay out most Brit pollies could only dream of paid by us tax monkeys.
Wait until you get offered a lovely Australian work place agreement , comes down to you agree to do more for less money, workers rights sod that you have none here at all thats the agreement.

Old Dec 20th 2002, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Here here!!! (or is it hear hear???)- derrr- had a few too many!

ONLY IN BRITAIN, does it take 20 months plus to process a skilled independant visa for australia!
Old Dec 21st 2002, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Brits

Originally posted by Twofingersalute
I should be! mery christmas to all in england! but you have to be nastie in australia in order to survive-the aussies regard kindness as weakness!!
You are right about the kindness = weakness bit. My husband and I are both, we believe, courteous drivers and often let people out of side roads in front of us to join the traffic. However, if you try and do this where we are (outskirts of Brisbane), the drivers waiting to come out of the side roads just sit there and look at you as if you are mad!!!

Also, if I am walking in a shopping centre and am approaching someone in my path, I move sideways to let them pass - if you do that here, they think you want to either a) play some kind of sport with them or b) want to dance with them!!! The Aussie Shopper believes in a "barge through is best" attitude...
Old Dec 21st 2002, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Sounds a bit like London during the January sales !
No I'm sorry, nothing can be as bad as Brits at sales.
Tina
Old Dec 30th 2002, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by tinaj
Sounds a bit like London during the January sales !
No I'm sorry, nothing can be as bad as Brits at sales.
Tina
yeah and they always use twofingers! my symbol of australia!