Online Stores

Old Sep 25th 2006, 7:55 am
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold
Post Online Stores

I am in the process of comparing prices of some products. What are the popular online stores where I can get a good price for:
Electronic Items: Notebooks
Electrical Items: Fridge, Washing Machine
Furniture

Thank you
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:04 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online Stores

Originally Posted by bru
I am in the process of comparing prices of some products. What are the popular online stores where I can get a good price for:
Furniture

Thank you
www.thegoodguys.com.au

www.freedom.com.au

Old Sep 25th 2006, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bru
Furniture

Thank you
check out Hutch blog he has all items with regards to aus internet info listed on his home page.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

Hiya,
My sister in law has sent over lots of junk mail that gets sent through her mailbox in Melbourne. It has tons of actual prices in it and if you have a specific thing you're looking for I could look in them to give you an indication of prices. Just let me know!
What specs for the notebook and so on so I can check it out for you.
xx
Old Sep 26th 2006, 12:54 am
bru
Forum Regular

bru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to beholdbru is a splendid one to behold
Post Re: Online Stores

Originally Posted by karmagirls
Hiya,
My sister in law has sent over lots of junk mail that gets sent through her mailbox in Melbourne. It has tons of actual prices in it and if you have a specific thing you're looking for I could look in them to give you an indication of prices. Just let me know!
What specs for the notebook and so on so I can check it out for you.
xx
Notebook:
I am looking at a 1.8-2 Ghz Intel Dual Core Centrino with 512 or 1 GB DDR2 type Ram with a seperate VGA (not shared) 256 or 512 MB.
80 GB Hard Disk, 14" or 15" Bright LCD.
Brands: Sony, HP, Compaq, Acer

Fridge : LG two door (normal top freezer type) between 200-300 Ltr

Washing Machine: LG or Samsung - Top Load 8KG-11KG range. (one tub system)

Thanks
Old Sep 26th 2006, 12:59 am
bru
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo

When look at the prices here, I find them around 40%-50% cheaper here in Thailand. I am not sure whether it's worth to take the risk of warranty etc and add the shipping and clearing cost to it.

I read here people shipping household items from UK. I do not think prices are that much different between UK and Aus. So why they ship?
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:36 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bru
Notebook:
I am looking at a 1.8-2 Ghz Intel Dual Core Centrino with 512 or 1 GB DDR2 type Ram with a seperate VGA (not shared) 256 or 512 MB.

Thanks
I recently bought a 470l LG fridge freezer and paid $820 for it at the Good Guys.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:49 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

At Good Guys you can usually get 10 – 20% off the advertised price by paying with cash (or any method other than credit). So just keep that in mind when looking at prices.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bru
When look at the prices here, I find them around 40%-50% cheaper here in Thailand. I am not sure whether it's worth to take the risk of warranty etc and add the shipping and clearing cost to it.

I read here people shipping household items from UK. I do not think prices are that much different between UK and Aus. So why they ship?
If you've already got it why not ship it? If you sell your stuff you will lose money & have to buy it all again over here. I say bring everything you can. If you don't need it, sell it here. 2nd hand stuff here fetch good prices.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:26 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
If you've already got it why not ship it? If you sell your stuff you will lose money & have to buy it all again over here. I say bring everything you can. If you don't need it, sell it here. 2nd hand stuff here fetch good prices.
Spot on! I know thats exactly what I would do if I had my time again
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:20 pm
bru
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amazulu
No. We do not have any. We are living in furnished rented accomodation here. That's why I am trying to compare the cost to see whether it is worth to ship from here. We are not going to rent for long once move to Oz So we will need these stuff. If shop from here, we might save 10-20%. But value wise, the net saving will not add up to thousands of A$ in total. It looks like not worth the trouble and the risk. Another concern is Warranty.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bru
Notebook:

Thanks
Hiya,
Ok.. for the notebook. In the Dick Smith Power Catalogue (please note that this is a sale that according to the catalogue started Thursday 14th September and finishes Sunday 1st October but I imagine there's not that much difference):

Sony VAIO - Intel Centrino VGN-FJ78GP notebook. 2.0GHz processor, 512 MB ram, 80GB HDD, 14.1 Clear Bright $1896

HP Pavillion DV8310TX 1.83 GHz 2 GB Ram, 240 GB HDD, 17 inch brite view $3849 but obviously this is the highest spec they have.

Fridge is from The Good Guys catalogue (sale on until 1st October):
The cheapest LG fridge in this catalogue is the 234 litre frost free fridge/freezer which is $599 but less for cash.

The washing machine is also from The Good Guys and the cheapest is:
LG 7.5 kg at $799, but again less for cash.

Hope that helps you out a little. If you need any more info let me know. xx