Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Online Gift Vouchers to be used in Oz Stores

Online Gift Vouchers to be used in Oz Stores

Old May 15th 2007, 6:59 pm
What am I doing??!!

naifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nice
Default Online Gift Vouchers to be used in Oz Stores

I am being asked by my current employer what i would like when i leave the company in the UK.

I would like to suggest "online gift vouchers" for large stores in Oz/Melbourne so I can use them to buy electrical appliances and stuff for the new house once we move over to Oz.

Can anyone recommend any large stores that would sell online gift vouchers that my company could buy for me as a parting gift?

thanks
Old May 16th 2007, 2:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online Gift Vouchers to be used in Oz Stores

Online shopping is nothing like as widespread here as in the UK, I'm afraid, but there is a Uk site called http://www.voucherexpress.co.uk which has a partner site that it links to in Australia - haven't used the Aussie one, but the UK one is very good.
Old May 16th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

How do you get the aussie one?
Old May 17th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

My UK company gave me an electronic gift voucher from https://www.giftvouchers.com/

I had a year to convert it into gift vouchers for any of the companies listed. In the end I chose Barbeques Galore and put them towards a proper Aussie Barbie.

The one good thing I noticed about this site is you don't have to redeem the voucher for just one store so you could redeem $50 at Dymocks for books and $50 towards a babrie plus $20 towards some wine from Porters to enjoy with your first barbie.
Old May 17th 2007, 9:38 am
What am I doing??!!

naifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by spottydog
My UK company gave me an electronic gift voucher from https://www.giftvouchers.com/

I had a year to convert it into gift vouchers for any of the companies listed. In the end I chose Barbeques Galore and put them towards a proper Aussie Barbie.

The one good thing I noticed about this site is you don't have to redeem the voucher for just one store so you could redeem $50 at Dymocks for books and $50 towards a babrie plus $20 towards some wine from Porters to enjoy with your first barbie.
thanks for that - i noticed http://www.giftvouchers.com as well. I think I will suggest that one to my employer.

thanks again.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Both Myer and David Jones (largest department stores in Australia) have gift vouchers that can be bought online.

http://gifts.myer.com.au/products_ca...tcards_17.aspx

http://www.davidjones.com.au/gift_card.jsp

Between them, these stores sell just about everything.