Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Online Gaming in Oz

Online Gaming in Oz

Old May 6th 2005, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default Online Gaming in Oz

Does anybody know what the culture is like in OZ for online gamers? I'm 33 years old but i still love my computer games. First Person Shooters mostly. What's the most popular games in Oz?

Don't suppose there's any gamers on this forum??
Old May 6th 2005, 6:34 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default Re: Online Gaming in Oz

YEAH BABY!!!

When I get there (and convince the family to go broadband) I`ll try and do some more gaming... mainly Wolfenstein (still the best imho) and Day of Defeat.

I think you`ll find SonicTigger`s hubby (Wayne) is also a gamer.
Old May 6th 2005, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Paradise Poker is where the real action is.......

SS
Old May 6th 2005, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Paradise Poker is where the real action is.......

SS

Pffft! n00b !!
Old May 6th 2005, 7:12 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

World of Warcraft for me (39) never grown up you see

Plus a bit of Counter Strike......of course
Old May 6th 2005, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pompeywill
World of Warcraft for me (39) never grown up you see

Plus a bit of Counter Strike......of course
I played the beta of WOW, got to about level 12 then got bored of it. I came to the conclusion then that MMPORGS ain't for me. Counterstrke more my kinda game but these days it's a game full of idiots.

Personally, i can't wait till Battlefield 2 hits the shops. looks immense.
Old May 6th 2005, 7:32 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Ever play Wolfenstein? It`s much more idiot-proof than all the other fps`. Just a brilliantly designed online game. It`s free online too.
Old May 6th 2005, 7:34 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.ausgamers.com.au/
www.overclockers.com.au

Might provide you some more answers.
Old May 6th 2005, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stormz
Ever play Wolfenstein? It`s much more idiot-proof than all the other fps`. Just a brilliantly designed online game. It`s free online too.
I used to play wolfenstein all the time. Absolutely love that game. Then Call of Duty came along. Ever play it?
Old May 6th 2005, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Still cant tear myself away from online Rogue Spear!...although I reckon SWAT4 is amazing.
Old May 6th 2005, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
Still cant tear myself away from online Rogue Spear!...although I reckon SWAT4 is amazing.
I just installed and played the first mission of SWAT 4 last night. It's pretty darn good innit? I like squad based games. You played Brothers in Arms yet?
Old May 6th 2005, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm hooked on Counterstrike and BF1942 with the desert war expansion. It's going to be interesting to see how broadband packages stack up cost wise when we get out there.

Anyone got any good links for PC and component retailers in Oz? I've been meaning to replace my PC for about 12 months and thinking of building a decent spec games platform.
Old May 6th 2005, 8:26 am
Superfreak!!

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
I used to play wolfenstein all the time. Absolutely love that game. Then Call of Duty came along. Ever play it?
Yeah, it`s great too. Animation was bit cack, but loved hiding in the shadows of the mill on one level and killing the enemy as they crept by

Still prefer Wolfensteins way of managing classes/tactics/ammunition.... much more tactical than any other fps... makes you think more, and the animation is still the smoothest. Plus you could actually play it on 56k as well (depending on server and map). Fave map was the absolutely mental `Bridge Too Far` with 32 players per side.
Old May 6th 2005, 8:34 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Just got counterstrike installed on new pc here in Aus been playing for a few days online there is a good choice of servers populated (embarrasingly but just like UK ) by far better kids playing!.

Is it just me who finds it mildly amusing to be killed by someone who then has to go because they have homework to finish......

Battlefield 2 looks awesome. cant wait. Just spent 2 days downloading the patches etc to get my BF1942 working.

Some ofthe broadband companies make a point in their advertising of stating how many game servers they host like aanet (whom Im with).

I thought I was the only over 21yr old playing...
Old May 6th 2005, 8:59 am
Superfreak!!

Originally Posted by spalen
Some ofthe broadband companies make a point in their advertising of stating how many game servers they host like aanet (whom Im with).

I thought I was the only over 21yr old playing...
I thought I was the only over 31yr old playing When I was a bratlet I was playing the oriinal Space Invaders arcade with the coloured strips of plastic over the screen to fake colour. Fave arcade was Elevator Action though, which is still bloody hard/fun on MAME.

My question though..... do the aus isp`s charge you for the traffic you download/upload while playing an online game???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.