Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Online English food shop - what would you want?

Online English food shop - what would you want?

Old Feb 5th 2010, 4:25 am
MTB
Just Joined

MTB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Online English food shop - what would you want?

I'm thinking of starting an online English food (mainly sweets and chocolate) shop and was wondering whether:

a. People are even interested in this (or are they happy just to stock up when they go back to the UK)
b. What sweets/chocolate they miss the most

I'm hoping to be able to offer bulk orders at big discounts

Cheers
Old Feb 5th 2010, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Online English food shop - what would you want?

There is an on-line shop based in Sydney. Can't remember its name but it has been discussed recently so I will see if I can find the link. Might give you some ideas.

For me it would be crisps. Not just the likes of Walkers but reasonably priced hula hoops, quavers, discos.

I'd like a UK jar of Nescafe.

Chocolate

Anything nice from M&S like biscuits, jam etc.

You can get lots of things here. Both IGA and Woolies have English shelves and we have a British Shop in our local shopping centre. I think to complete you'd need to have very good prices for me to shop and have delivered. It is frustrating when you pay $1.90 for a packet of quavers with a 30 pence sign printed on the packet!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

My work surf control won't let me access the website but it might be called www.britishsweets.com.au.

or try here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hsweets.com.au
Old Feb 5th 2010, 4:52 am
MTB
Just Joined

MTB is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys - yeah I saw that BritishSweets.com.au site too and seems ridiculously expensive. I'm sure I can get better prices and pass the savings on (especially with the current exchange rate). Thanks again
Old Feb 5th 2010, 5:25 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

One of the few things I miss from the UK is a decent bacon sandwich - start selling those and you'll make a fortune.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 5:41 am
Account Closed

No 15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MTB
I'm thinking of starting an online English food (mainly sweets and chocolate) shop and was wondering whether:

a. People are even interested in this (or are they happy just to stock up when they go back to the UK)
b. What sweets/chocolate they miss the most

I'm hoping to be able to offer bulk orders at big discounts

Cheers
Is it only English foods rather than British foods?
Old Feb 5th 2010, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Bisto Chip Shop Curry Sauce Powder.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 7:35 am
ABCDiamond

I think there are about 20 British Sweet shops in Australia.
You can compare some prices at this one near me http://www.britainonthebayside.com.au/home.php?cat=273

And I know of at least another 4 based in the UK that sell to Australia.

Old Feb 5th 2010, 7:43 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Amazulu
One of the few things I miss from the UK is a decent bacon sandwich - start selling those and you'll make a fortune.
You should live over on the East....
Ever missed the Great British Pork Sausage or the Traditional Pork Pie on your ploughman's lunch.
Well look no further!
We have the very best available in our fresh produce shop.
Made by the best in the business, our Wall's style sausages, gammon steaks, green back unsmoked bacon, black pudding and steak pies are set to put your taste buds right back to that amazing fry up or that mouth watering pub meal you last had since leaving the UK

Old Feb 5th 2010, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

In no particular order;

Wispa's
Toffee Crisps
Pickled Onion Monster Munch
Prawn Cocktail Walkers
Cadburys Dairy Milk
Angel Delight
Bisto
Hula Hoops, preferably beef
Crumpets
Salt 'n' Vinegar Chip Sticks
Munchies
Galaxy Caramel Bar
Old Feb 5th 2010, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
In no particular order;

Wispa's
Toffee Crisps
Pickled Onion Monster Munch
Prawn Cocktail Walkers
Cadburys Dairy Milk
Angel Delight
Bisto
Hula Hoops, preferably beef
Crumpets
Salt 'n' Vinegar Chip Sticks
Munchies
Galaxy Caramel Bar
have you got cravings.something to tell us.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
have you got cravings.something to tell us.

With a 19 month old boy and 9 week old girl I bloody hope not!!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:43 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You should live over on the East....
I can get unsmoked bacon from my local butcher here in Kalamunda. It's okay but nothing special.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

A lot of people say they prefer UK Chocolate, would love to see Prawn Cocktail chips but I don't think you can import them. I would love Pickled onion monster munch, prawn cocktail skips, salt and vinegar chip sticks, bacon wheat crunchies, lol can you tell I am a chip junkie. I use to be on 10 packets a day till I came here, now I only have one pack a week and that's red rock.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

You can get monster munch, skips and wheat crunchies in Perth!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.