Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Online electrical retailers

Online electrical retailers

Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

buchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant future
Default Online electrical retailers

We need to buy a lot of household appliances, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, vacuum cleaner, microwave, kettle. We live in a rural town which has a couple of electrical stores but with very little choice and prices seem high. Does anyone know of anywhere online where we can purchase these goods and that also do delivery in WA?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of
Default Re: Online electrical retailers

I used these guys http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/

Next day delivery and pretty good prices I thought.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:01 pm
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

Hi, Click on my signature link below, I have listed all the major electrical stores that operate in Australia, some deliver and some do not but at least you will be able to get a rough idea of prices nationally, hope this helps...
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flutterby
I used these guys http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/

Next day delivery and pretty good prices I thought.
We used them to buy our fridge freezer and tbh wouldn't recommend them. Took nearly 2 months to deliver and they lied to us on 2 separate occasions - told us the fridge was there and ready to be delivered when it wasn't - I wasted a couple of days waiting at home for deliveries that never appeared. We complained in writing to the manager, but strangely enough, have never heard anything.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

seanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to allseanpears99 is a name known to all

Just took a quick look at some of the prices and I think I will be trying to shove a few more items in the container, $2000 for a BBQ, surely an ebay equivalent for £500 would be better, and out dyson will be a must looking at $679 for the same one.

Dont even get me started on big fridges:curse:
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by seanpears99
Just took a quick look at some of the prices and I think I will be trying to shove a few more items in the container, $2000 for a BBQ, surely an ebay equivalent for £500 would be better, and out dyson will be a must looking at $679 for the same one.

Dont even get me started on big fridges:curse:
Bring as much as you can, even kettles are around $50. We have just had a fridge freezer $799, bed $3700, sofa $2500. If we knew how expensive everything was we would have brought more with us. Plus you have to add delivery of around $70 to each item.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tartankoala
We used them to buy our fridge freezer and tbh wouldn't recommend them. Took nearly 2 months to deliver and they lied to us on 2 separate occasions - told us the fridge was there and ready to be delivered when it wasn't - I wasted a couple of days waiting at home for deliveries that never appeared. We complained in writing to the manager, but strangely enough, have never heard anything.
Funny how different experiences can be isn't it as I had both my fridge and washer delivered within 24 hrs!