Reload this Page >

Online Currency Exchange??

Online Currency Exchange??

Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Sunshine76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Online Currency Exchange??

Hello

Just wondering if anybody has used any of these online foreign exchange sites to convert their money when moving/travelling to Aus.

We are due to leave the UK this month and obviously would like to get the best exchange rate possible but these seem to be offered by the online companies. One that i've looked into is XE.com. I'm just a bit dubious about doing it all online as i've never known anyone with any experience of this and was wondering if anybody on this forum has exchanged their money this way, your experience of doing it this way, and if there was any particular company you could recommend.

You know with a UK high street bank that they aren't going to disappear with your money but obvioulsy they have a lower exchange rate.

If anybody could help me on this subject it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :scared:

Last edited by Sunshine76; Feb 1st 2005 at 1:11 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 1:32 pm
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future
Default Re: Online Currency Exchange??

Originally Posted by Sunshine76
Hello

Just wondering if anybody has used any of these online foreign exchange sites to convert their money when moving/travelling to Aus.

We are due to leave the UK this month and obviously would like to get the best exchange rate possible but these seem to be offered by the online companies. One that i've looked into is XE.com. I'm just a bit dubious about doing it all online as i've never known anyone with any experience of this and was wondering if anybody on this forum has exchanged their money this way, your experience of doing it this way, and if there was any particular company you could recommend.

You know with a UK high street bank that they aren't going to disappear with your money but obvioulsy they have a lower exchange rate.

If anybody could help me on this subject it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :scared:
The first bit of advice I can offer is that the colour you have chosen is horrific!

Cheers.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PWBCSA
The first bit of advice I can offer is that the colour you have chosen is horrific!

Cheers.
I'll second that!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

mmmm. Now, I'm colourblind - so whats all the fuss about?

ps. is it blue or purple?
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Craig Brooke
mmmm. Now, I'm colourblind - so whats all the fuss about?

ps. is it blue or purple?
Its bright thats all you need to know
Old Feb 1st 2005, 10:03 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

I do all my online transfers with Tranzfers costs 7quid for a transaction, very easy to use, especially after the first time and your account is setup. You can probably get a better rate elsewhere if you've go proceeds of a house or something, but for a few hundred/thousand this suits me well.