Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which one are you ... ?

Which one are you ... ?

Old Nov 24th 2005, 2:45 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which one are you ... ?

Originally Posted by Breezey
Honestly I think you are being far to kind to Perth-the official most boring city on the planet.

Perth...we want our kids to take up glue-sniffing and bestiality when they get older!
Brisbane.....red neck central, where the only virgins can run faster than their brothers!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 3:08 pm
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Brisbane.....red neck central, where the only virgins can run faster than their brothers!

In all fairness to Brisbane,...unlike Perth-it has merits, the coast nearby, the tambourine Mnts, the glitter of surfers-and a pretty OK city in itself.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Sydney ... It's sh!t or bust for us, we want the Australian dream, it's the place to be darling ... we are so Lardy daa ... Anyone for lunch at the Rockpool ? !

Perth ... We want Britain with the Sun and a cheap house !

Melbourne ... We're sophisticated baby ... we have seasons, European flavoured city with the slopes on our doorsteps ... it's perfect !

Brisbane ... We're just average Joe's that would probably settle for Perth but want to be a bit "closer" to the action.

Adelaide ... We have no knowledge of Australia and fancy it cos' errr we fancy it.

Tasmania ... We are over 50 and want the quiet life with beautiful scenery.

Darwin ... We've just been released from the institution, it sounds a "clever" city.
Sophisticated is definately me! Off to Melly I go!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

What about Bendigo?

Bendigo - Far enough away from the Coast that most Poms have never even heard of it!!

Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
What about Bendigo?

Bendigo - Far enough away from the Coast that most Poms have never even heard of it!!

heard of where????
Old Nov 24th 2005, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soapy
heard of where????

Ahhh....Thats the way I like it!!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Sydney ... It's sh!t or bust for us, we want the Australian dream, it's the place to be darling ... we are so Lardy daa ... Anyone for lunch at the Rockpool ? !

Melbourne ... We're sophisticated baby ... we have seasons, European flavoured city with the slopes on our doorsteps ... it's perfect !

Brisbane ... We're just average Joe's that would probably settle for Perth but want to be a bit "closer" to the action.

Adelaide ... We have no knowledge of Australia and fancy it cos' errr we fancy it.

Darwin ... We've just been released from the institution, it sounds a "clever" city.
Melbourne!!!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:07 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm Perth, and this is the cheap house I am hoping to move into

http://www.aussiehome.com/House.asp?pid=51319&sd=1
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:43 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

Wow - it's got a living room! Check out the "More features" link:

* 1 Study Room(s)
* Separate Dining Room
* Living Room
* Games Room
* Family Room
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

I'll just move into the Cellar if you dont mind.....
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:59 pm
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

Oh! and all I wanted was to be was sophisticated, should have gone to Melbourne, knew it all along!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:59 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Wow - it's got a living room! Check out the "More features" link:

* 1 Study Room(s)
* Separate Dining Room
* Living Room
* Games Room
* Family Room
What's a living room?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:07 pm
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

I wish this myth about cheap houses in Perth would go away. That was three years ago - we can't find one for love nor money that we can afford round 'ere.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:40 pm
Banned

Willy Wonka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bal56
I wish this myth about cheap houses in Perth would go away. That was three years ago - we can't find one for love nor money that we can afford round 'ere.

Australia being cheap is a myth, not too sure who told me you would have a better standard of living and have more cash in your pocket.

which is a myth
Old Nov 26th 2005, 5:33 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bal56
Tis right. Perth prices are still booming while the rest of the country is pretty flat. You need to be looking at around $400,000 for a good un in a good area now. Add $200,000 if you want a beachside suburb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.