Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One Year and One Day on....

One Year and One Day on....

Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:41 am
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default One Year and One Day on....

Better late than never......it's been one year and one day since we touched down in Australia (August 17th 2005) and I can honestly say that I have loved almost every minute of it. The only down side is being so far away from family. Apart from that, I don't have any regrets about selling all my wordly possessions and moving to the other side of the world to start a new life with my wonderful Aussie partner (ZX10r). Better not pile on the praise cos his head is big enough....lol.

Anyway I love life in Canberra and my wee sister is coming over in 4 weeks for a holiday along with her boyfriend. It will be so good to be able to have a good old chinwag in Glaswegian without having to talk slowly and properly in order to be understood....lol.

Not going to bore everyone with all the details of the last year.....so I will just say I LOVE IT and I am looking forward to the rest of my life in Australia

Wendy
Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:49 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Year and One Day on....

Originally Posted by wsbtroyno21
Better late than never......it's been one year and one day since we touched down in Australia (August 17th 2005) and I can honestly say that I have loved almost every minute of it. The only down side is being so far away from family. Apart from that, I don't have any regrets about selling all my wordly possessions and moving to the other side of the world to start a new life with my wonderful Aussie partner (ZX10r). Better not pile on the praise cos his head is big enough....lol.

Anyway I love life in Canberra and my wee sister is coming over in 4 weeks for a holiday along with her boyfriend. It will be so good to be able to have a good old chinwag in Glaswegian without having to talk slowly and properly in order to be understood....lol.

Not going to bore everyone with all the details of the last year.....so I will just say I LOVE IT and I am looking forward to the rest of my life in Australia

Wendy
THanks for the post.....hope you life continues to be happy
Old Aug 18th 2006, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

What a great post. It sounds like you are really happy and have had a great first year.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Better late than never......it's been one year and one day since we touched down in Australia (August 17th 2005) and I can honestly say that I have loved almost every minute of it. .......

Wendy
Hi Wendy
I love one year on threads! Thanks for that Glad to hear all is going well for you.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 8:46 am

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your thank-you's.....lol.

Wendy

(karma coming to you all)
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

lol - Bert is from Glasgow (Hamilton) - I am Ozzie. I understand him mostly (and vice versa) and you know what? THe only way I know when he is drunk is when his Scottish accent becomes too thick for me to understand! He doesnt slur his words or anything, just the accent comes through. I love it though!

S
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:50 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

my wonderful Aussie partner

You ought to ask this wonderful man to post on the forum

Goodonya both Wendy
Old Aug 18th 2006, 10:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Wendy
so good to read a nice post wend !
im a bit like u, i miss the family, but i speak to them all the time.
good luck hen and hope u have a great time wae ra wee sizta
Old Aug 18th 2006, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Bert'n'Stella
lol - Bert is from Glasgow (Hamilton) - I am Ozzie. I understand him mostly (and vice versa) and you know what? THe only way I know when he is drunk is when his Scottish accent becomes too thick for me to understand! He doesnt slur his words or anything, just the accent comes through. I love it though!

S

Lmao Stella
Old Aug 18th 2006, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
You ought to ask this wonderful man to post on the forum

Goodonya both Wendy

Thanks Bix.........I thought about asking him to post on the forum but he is very shy and lacking in confidence....................lol.

Wendy

ps

If you believe that you will believe anything !!!!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by soapy
so good to read a nice post wend !
im a bit like u, i miss the family, but i speak to them all the time.
good luck hen and hope u have a great time wae ra wee sizta

Thanks Soapy......I love your posts cos you always manage to type in Glaswegian......lol. Keep it up !!! (the Glesga typing I mean !!)

Wendy
Old Aug 19th 2006, 12:35 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

with my wonderful Aussie partner (ZX10r).
This sounds like someone went shopping and spent too much....

ZX....