Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One week to go and feeling the stress!!

One week to go and feeling the stress!!

Old Sep 11th 2005, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice
Default One week to go and feeling the stress!!

Hi Guys,

We are sitting here amid boxes and cases with clothes and stuff everywhere, wondering how we are going to make it through the next week.
We are so stressed trying to pack cases and the house, AND say all the goodbyes. :scared:
I am beginning to wonder how I can last the week without being in tears everytime we have to say goodbye to someone, as it is now only close family we have to say goodbye to.
I had hoped (unrealistically) that our last week or so here would be about enjoying what we have and making the most of it all but it is so unbeleivably difficult.

I don't want to sound 'woe is me' as I know we are doing the right thing and that this is our dream. We are so lucky to have the opportunity to go. I just had not realised this week would be so hard.

I am hoping this post helps me get it out of my system a bit and that the many of you who have been there can relate to how I feel and assure me that this is normal!!!

Thanks guys!!

Roni
Old Sep 11th 2005, 12:19 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One week to go and feeling the stress!!

Originally Posted by Aus4us
Hi Guys,

We are sitting here amid boxes and cases with clothes and stuff everywhere, wondering how we are going to make it through the next week.
We are so stressed trying to pack cases and the house, AND say all the goodbyes. :scared:
I am beginning to wonder how I can last the week without being in tears everytime we have to say goodbye to someone, as it is now only close family we have to say goodbye to.
I had hoped (unrealistically) that our last week or so here would be about enjoying what we have and making the most of it all but it is so unbeleivably difficult.

I don't want to sound 'woe is me' as I know we are doing the right thing and that this is our dream. We are so lucky to have the opportunity to go. I just had not realised this week would be so hard.

I am hoping this post helps me get it out of my system a bit and that the many of you who have been there can relate to how I feel and assure me that this is normal!!!

Thanks guys!!

Roni
Hi Roni. Yes, it's completely normal which doesn't make it any easier to deal with. All I can tell you is that it gets better. We were so stressed the last couple of weeks before we left that all we did was argue and fight. Surprised I had a marriage to bring here!

Sending you some calming karma to make you feel better. Chin up, lass. Not much longer to go.

Have a safe trip and good luck.

Sue
Old Sep 11th 2005, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Hi Ronnie,

I'm sure what you going through is quite normal...you wouldn't be human if you didn't react to such a big change. In fact it's probably the most stressful thing you can do. Who are you going to Melbourne with? Have you been before? We (me and my hubby) fly out on the 28th Nov to Melbourne. Sending you some karma
Old Sep 11th 2005, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Buttercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to all

Hi,

I know how you feel i have 10 wks to go and am getting very emotional about things. I get waves of doubt crashing over me, then just like a storm it passes and all is calm again.

But what you are doing is something that many only wish for and can't do or don't have the courage to make the change. So take strenght in knowing that what you're doing is Living Life.

So good luck !! and tell us all how it goes when you get over there, cos that's what makes me know it's all worth the stress.

Butter xx
Old Sep 11th 2005, 2:12 pm
Going to Perth late 2005

timk is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,

Thanks guys!!

Roni
The whole process is stressful, we complete on our house at the end of the month and still no visa. My wife who was always emotional now cries when meeting friends and family. This will ease with time, just another part of the ride.

Good luck for your move

cheers
tim
Old Sep 11th 2005, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buttercup
Hi,

I know how you feel i have 10 wks to go and am getting very emotional about things. I get waves of doubt crashing over me, then just like a storm it passes and all is calm again.

But what you are doing is something that many only wish for and can't do or don't have the courage to make the change. So take strenght in knowing that what you're doing is Living Life.

So good luck !! and tell us all how it goes when you get over there, cos that's what makes me know it's all worth the stress.

Butter xx
When in Nov do you fly Butter? Where are you going?
Old Sep 11th 2005, 3:57 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Guys,

Thanks guys!!

Roni
Just try and stay relexed, you are moving on to bigger and better things. Enjoy your last meetings with people, and say all the things you want to say to friends and family, keep your glass half full and not half empty.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: One week to go and feeling the stress!!

Hi Guys,

Thanks guys!!

Roni
we know how you're feeling we've two weels tomorrow to go...and still have not secured housing and banks etc....hubby is working right up to the last minute...hopefully we can tie some things up this week...wishing you all the best....still to arrange the big night out for all of the family......I'm sure we'll all be bigger and better people for having come through it.

Cheers and safe journey,

Liz
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Buttercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pako
When in Nov do you fly Butter? Where are you going?

We are going to Caloundra (Sunshine coast) first to stay with the in laws...then . I am guessing Melbourne or Sydney cos of my work.

We fly out on 20th Nov !! But i am working til the 17th Nov so not much time to pack and...well do anything really.

Butter xx
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

Take one day at a time, try and have abit of 'me-time' to keep sane. You will get there and it will all be worth it,
Love Nicola
Old Sep 12th 2005, 4:03 am
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

Ita all about being organised really, either you are or you arent. We managed to get absolutely everything sorted in advance of the final two weeks, so much so that my husband didnt finish work until the actual morning we left, we was in work that morning and we flew in the afternoon. Its all a matter of getting your priorities sorted, and not wasting time. We opened our bank account well in advance, same with an HIFX account, our stuff was shipped 1 week before we left (we just sat on garden chairs and ate off plastic plates for a week until departure) We also had our party a couple of weeks before we left, so by the time the last few days arrived, we had done everything, and seen everybody, so were able to relax and take it in our stride.
Old Sep 12th 2005, 2:53 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Old Sep 12th 2005, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I imagine you are going through the same feelings thousands have gone through before, not that it makes it any easier.

You are starting a new chapter in your life, an exciting chapter ... one that so many would love to be given the opportunity to try.

It's difficult ... We are already feeling the stress / anxiety and we have four months to run.

You only get one shot at life, go for it.

Three Legs

Hi Guys,

Thanks guys!!

Roni
Old Sep 12th 2005, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Hi Guys,

Thanks guys!!

Roni
Hi Roni,

Same here. Going on Sunday. Finishing work next Thursday.
My one-bedroom is such a mess. Have packed my 2 bags already, sorting the hand luggage now. Going to vacuum tonite (went to work and borrowed their good one!) and clean the oven before work in the morning.

Had leaving parties all week, last one last night. Tonite is TV. Still have to say goodbye to by boyfriend. This is gonna be Thursday nite. Definitely not looking forward to it. But we all know its for the best. He has his company here, I have Aussie blood (well, almost). Will have to remain Objective.

But I know tears will flow.

All i want to tell you is good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fabie
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

I know how you feel i have 8 wks to go and am getting really emotional about everything. I think it's normal we all feel like this. It's just hard leaving loved one's.

good luck !! we are all doing a fantastic thing with our lives, it will be worth it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.