Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One way travel-insurance?

One way travel-insurance?

Old Aug 8th 2007, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Ria_Wild is an unknown quantity at this point
Question One way travel-insurance?

Not for shipping but for us whilst we are in transit.

All normal travel insurances require you to live somewhere - what about when you are emigrating
Old Aug 8th 2007, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: One way travel-insurance?

i'm interested in this as well, from memory i think the post office has been mentioned.
i shall do a search and see what i come up with
Old Aug 8th 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

had a quick look, go walkabout seem to be a favourite, must look up the web site
anyone used them
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:44 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

We used the Poat Office one-way insurance - covered us for 17 days after we got here which seemed to be as long as you could get.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

We used the Post Office covered us for the trip and another 2 weeks after we got here...Cheap too....
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:59 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

we used colombus! (as in christopher anyway!) sixty punds for family of four for three weeks!
Carmel
Old Aug 9th 2007, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

We used Go Walkabout http://www.go-walkabout.co.uk/
Old Aug 9th 2007, 1:02 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ria_Wild
Not for shipping but for us whilst we are in transit.

All normal travel insurances require you to live somewhere - what about when you are emigrating
'Some' of the one-way insurance policies will only cover you until you reach passport control.... look out for that clause.
We used Go Walkabout which gives you cover for 17 days when you arrive, which is exactly what you need. They even cover your loss if you have an accident with the hire car.

Neil.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 4:23 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

I just got a quote for £440 from walkabout for emigration insurance !

surely that cant be right ??

Lee
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

just got an online quote for emigration insurance from walkabout for family of 5 for £120.00
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

I did a quote with Walkabout I think and for our family of 4 it came to £109. Will look at the post office in a minute.

Sarah
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

chmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mad.chef
I did a quote with Walkabout I think and for our family of 4 it came to £109. Will look at the post office in a minute.

Sarah
so what was the price at the post office - i cant find it on their site
Old Sep 11th 2007, 11:58 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

From PO site

One-Way Cover

This insurance is designed to cover a round trip which starts and finishes at your home in the United Kingdom. It will also provide cover for one-way trips of up to a maximum of 17 days duration, for the purpose of emigration only. The insurance will be restricted to the cover and conditions that would have applied if you had arranged to return to the United Kingdom at the end of the period of insurance.

Pick Single trip,World-wide excl. USA, Canada & Caribbean , 13 to 17 days, family. and it'll come out as £100