Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One Way Travel Insurance...

One Way Travel Insurance...

Old Jan 30th 2006, 12:18 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Default One Way Travel Insurance...

Hi, Where did you get your travel insurance from. All the ones I have seen have "your trip must start and end in the UK " Which is no good if you are emigrating..

We just want cover to get us there and maybe for a couple of weeks when we arrive. No furniture or anything just suitcases etc..

CHEERS

CORKER
Old Jan 30th 2006, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: One Way Travel Insurance...

Originally Posted by CORKER
Hi, Where did you get your travel insurance from. All the ones I have seen have "your trip must start and end in the UK " Which is no good if you are emigrating..

We just want cover to get us there and maybe for a couple of weeks when we arrive. No furniture or anything just suitcases etc..

CHEERS

CORKER
wow and to think I have asked the very same thing just a few minutes ago...............
Old Jan 30th 2006, 12:23 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pickle
wow and to think I have asked the very same thing just a few minutes ago...............

I never looked mate...just posted it....well did you get any answers..???
Old Jan 30th 2006, 12:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

CHEERS

CORKER
We used Go Walkabout. 17 days cover starting UK, stopping off Singapore, onward to Brissie and then another 10 odd days giving us time to sort out proper insurance - oh bugger Seriously, good cover. Only thing was the laptop wasn't covered because it was over their maximum one item limit but then we didn't let it out of our sight.

All the other ones we found that did one way stopped as soon as you passed through Passport Control which we didn't find very helpful
Old Jan 30th 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

CHEERS

CORKER
i got ours with the post office, they where brill.
My suitcase never got here, they paid me out fairly quickly, I got 3,000 dollars. Denise
Old Jan 30th 2006, 12:42 pm
NEO LIVES

Originally Posted by cranni
i got ours with the post office, they where brill.
My suitcase never got here, they paid me out fairly quickly, I got 3,000 dollars. Denise

Yes that sounds great but I have just looked on the post office web site and it states that for the insurance to be valid your trip must start and end in the UK..???
Old Jan 30th 2006, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that sounds great but I have just looked on the post office web site and it states that for the insurance to be valid your trip must start and end in the UK..???
well go in, because i got ours 12 months ago, and it was Manchester to Perth.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

KerrieM is an unknown quantity at this point

as previously posted... www.duinsure.co.uk
it asks how many days you want covered for, does not ask for return date for UK and you just choose one of the add ons for one way insurance whilst buying, it has no extra cost.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Hello

Funnily enough we were just researching this very topic. The post office web site says

One-Way Cover
This insurance is designed to cover a round trip which starts and finishes at your home in the United Kingdom. It will also provide cover for one-way trips of up to a maximum of 17 days duration, for the purpose of emigration only. The insurance will be restricted to the cover and conditions that would have applied if you had arranged to return to the United Kingdom at the end of the period of insurance.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...diaId=19500189

So looks like it is doable and very cheap (at least on the surface).

Regards
Abby
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I'm going one way via a 10 week trip through South America. STA Travel were happy to insure us. Although our trip isnt ending in the UK they said the insurance term will end as soon as we arrive in Oz, as we are Australian residents.

SS
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:57 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

We went with Insure and Go for our one way London-Auckland last November/December, just gave them a call and booked 1 way travel insurance. It came to around £55 for 2 people for 5 days (included our stopover to Singapore as well). If I remember well, kids will go free (not too sure if they do it still though). Coverage just stops as soon as you pass customs on your arrival at the final destination. Don't have anything wrong to say about them.

Post Office do it as well, it just amounted to cheaper with Insure And Go.

www.insureandgo.com

Jen
Old Jan 31st 2006, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

hello

I have just got our insurance from the post office. I think you need to phone to do the one way cover as I could not find how to do it on the website either.

You get 17 days cover from when you fly. It cost Steve and I £110 or £120 for the cover, would have been £100 but we wanted the additional £1000 cover in order that our laptop would be covered.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 6:28 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Hubby flies out on Wednesday and I only just thought about this upon waking today!!!! Some great links there, thanks a bundle.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 8:26 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

CHEERS

CORKER

Hi We've just organised ours last night and used www.outbackerinsurance.com. It was something like £83 for 2 adults and 1 two year old but we took out the excess waiver (10% extra but you get a 10% discount for booking online) and we paid a little extra for insuring the laptop and camera as individual items. We organised it for 5 days thinking that will cover the trip and a few days out there before we organise contents insurance.

Does anyone have any recommendations for contents insurance in Oz?
Old Feb 5th 2006, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

shorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Hi We've just organised ours last night and used www.outbackerinsurance.com. It was something like £83 for 2 adults and 1 two year old but we took out the excess waiver (10% extra but you get a 10% discount for booking online) and we paid a little extra for insuring the laptop and camera as individual items. We organised it for 5 days thinking that will cover the trip and a few days out there before we organise contents insurance.

Does anyone have any recommendations for contents insurance in Oz?

Hi,

I just checked out www.outbackerinsurance.com and they quoted £72.83 for one way with excess waiver. This is for 2 adults and 1 child for 17 days. Post office quoted £116.00 for same thing.

Has anyone used outbackerinsurance before?

Thanks

Shorty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.