Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One Way Travel Insurance

One Way Travel Insurance

Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice
Default One Way Travel Insurance

We've finally booked the flights We're leaving the UK at the end of December stopping off in Capetown & Jo'burg, touring N.Zealand. Then settling in Melbourne.

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company that offers competive travel insurance on a one-way basis?

Thanks
Caroline G
Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:59 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Way Travel Insurance

Originally Posted by Caroline G
We've finally booked the flights We're leaving the UK at the end of December stopping off in Capetown & Jo'burg, touring N.Zealand. Then settling in Melbourne.

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company that offers competive travel insurance on a one-way basis?

Thanks
Caroline G
Caroline,
There are not a lot of companies that offer one-way insurance.
The one I used..........
http://www.go-walkabout.com/

Someone on here had a medical problem in the USA whilst emigrating to Aus and they looked after her admirably.

You are going on tour en route to Aus so just double check the validity duration of the cover.

I think I had 17 days after landing in Aus which covers the time it takes to get Medicare sorted but I came direct to Aus.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

We used one through Austravel and they were excellent. We had to use it as we got sick in Singapore and were hospitalized - superb service (24 hour).

Cheers,

Mrs J
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:37 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Caroline G
We used www.insureandgo.com cost us 39 pounds, you have cover before and 24 hours after arrival.

Mrs S
Old Sep 7th 2005, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

sheila and joe is on a distinguished road

Thanks
Caroline G
we used the post office ( had got other quotes too ) post office came out cheapest $32.00 ( should be pound sign!!!! am on oz computer) that was for 3 day cover 2 adults and 2 children

good luck
sheila
Old Sep 7th 2005, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bix
Caroline,
There are not a lot of companies that offer one-way insurance.
The one I used..........
http://www.go-walkabout.com/

You are going on tour en route to Aus so just double check the validity duration of the cover.

I think I had 17 days after landing in Aus which covers the time it takes to get Medicare sorted but I came direct to Aus.
Thanks for the recommendation. I couldn't get an online quote because of the length of travel before arriving in Melbourne so I sent them an e-mail query. A very nice man, Harold Lawrence, phoned my very quickly & was able to sort it out giving me 7 days cover upon arrival

That's another job sorted on my massive "things to do" list.....