Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One way travel insurance

One way travel insurance

Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:20 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default One way travel insurance

Just thought I would pass on some info on one way travel insurance. We are flying out to Brisbane soon and when I looked for ow insurance I found that hardly anyone would cover you, all the usual companies like directline, norwich union etc all said that annual policies or even a single trip ins would be invalid if you did not have a return flight booked.

I was quoted £125 by cathay who we booked our flights through but in the end I found a company on the net who will cover you up until 24 hrs after arrival for £39 for a family of 4, that was through www.insureandgo.com.

So might be worth checking if you have annual policy that it will be valid for ow travel.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 3:03 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: One way travel insurance

Another idea is use a credit card which has inbuilt holiday/travel insurance as one of the perks. My bank manager told me to use theirs as it did cover us as long as the flights where booked on the card. It didn't matter if then it was paid before interest was added.
I think both hsbc and barclays do an insurance cover.

Jenny
Old Mar 17th 2005, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

We used the post office and they were quite reasonable as well I recall.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 5:03 am
Wahroonga Boy

Wahroonga Boy will become famous soon enough

We used the post office and it was the cheapest and easyiest by far. And you can do it online
Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jensteve
Another idea is use a credit card which has inbuilt holiday/travel insurance as one of the perks. My bank manager told me to use theirs as it did cover us as long as the flights where booked on the card. It didn't matter if then it was paid before interest was added.
I think both hsbc and barclays do an insurance cover.

Jenny
Usually it's only valid for UK residents who book return tickets back to the UK. Check the small-print carefully.

Lesley
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:02 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Barclaycard were slated int he UK Financial press for withdrawing their 'free' travel cover without telling customers.... well... not telling them the same way they promoted it in first place - remember those adds with Rowan Atkinson in UK. So do be very careful and most of hte insurance companies would NOT cover 1-way flights yo uhad to have a return ticket thats the major difference.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by spalen
Barclaycard were slated int he UK Financial press for withdrawing their 'free' travel cover without telling customers.... well... not telling them the same way they promoted it in first place - remember those adds with Rowan Atkinson in UK. So do be very careful and most of hte insurance companies would NOT cover 1-way flights yo uhad to have a return ticket thats the major difference.
Thanks Ian.
Will keep this book marked for when we leave. Not long now for you. Hope all goes well