Reload this Page >

One Way Travel Insurance

Wikiposts

One Way Travel Insurance

Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough
Default One Way Travel Insurance

Can anyone offer any names of a good travel insurance company to use for the one-way trip to Australia. Just need a couple of days worth in case anything goes wrong like delayed flights, lost luggage, etc.

The only trouble is of the normal travel companies I've tried none of them offer it as we will not be returning to the UK.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I am really frustrated as i know for a fact you can get it as we did so when we went to live in NZ, but i cannot remember the name of the insurance company.
I do remember that the travel agent had to ring up somewhere special for it though. Ours ended as soon as we touched down on the tarmac in Auckland.

Sorry i cant help further
Old Jan 24th 2004, 11:34 pm
Merlot

Default Re: One Way Travel Insurance

Originally posted by ScuntoBris
Can anyone offer any names of a good travel insurance company to use for the one-way trip to Australia. Just need a couple of days worth in case anything goes wrong like delayed flights, lost luggage, etc.

The only trouble is of the normal travel companies I've tried none of them offer it as we will not be returning to the UK.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

I am coming back the other way - Oz to UK and used STA Travel for the flight and they have also provided me with oneway insurance. Columbus wouldn't do this.

Maybe worth an ask at a STA in the UK.

Good luck
Merlot

Old Jan 25th 2004, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Carianne posted some links in her all you need to know part 3. try searching using her name.
hth
Old Jan 25th 2004, 12:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I used

www.outbackerinsurance.com

Nice easy online form - didn't have to claim so don't know what the service is like!
Old Jan 25th 2004, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Thanks to all who have replied!

Cheers Pollyanna, have used your recommendation, they seemed to look fine.

All the best for the wedding!

Old Jan 28th 2004, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

DonnaS is an unknown quantity at this point

Direct Insurance offer one way - just tell them you're emigrating. They can do a maximum of 17 days at the destination. I've used them several times for other normal trips.

www.direct-travel.co.uk