Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One Way taxi to Manchester Airport ???

One Way taxi to Manchester Airport ???

Old Jul 21st 2006, 12:23 pm
"More wine please...."

Ozz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to allOzz&Tilly is a name known to all
Question One Way taxi to Manchester Airport ???

Folks,
Just wondering whether anyone has used or is going to use a one way taxi to Manchester airport when they finally jet off to their new lives???? We are 2 adults, 2 kids and about 6 cases .
We are going to stay with my parents for a few weeks before flying out from Manchester on or about the 31st August.
Any replies would be very much appreciated as my brain is on overload , and unless its written down somewhere I will forget it in an instant :scared:
Cheers,
Tilly
Old Jul 21st 2006, 12:46 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: One Way taxi to Manchester Airport ???

Originally Posted by Ozz&Tilly
Folks,
Just wondering whether anyone has used or is going to use a one way taxi to Manchester airport when they finally jet off to their new lives???? We are 2 adults, 2 kids and about 6 cases .
We are going to stay with my parents for a few weeks before flying out from Manchester on or about the 31st August.
Any replies would be very much appreciated as my brain is on overload , and unless its written down somewhere I will forget it in an instant :scared:
Cheers,
Tilly
We kinda did this, as we got a taxi to a Manchester airport hotel the night before the flight, and then just transferred to the airport in the morning. The whole thing was pretty hideous with the amount of luggage etc but was a good way of getting the goodbyes done prior to the airport.
Old Jul 21st 2006, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

We went from Manchester most of the firms have minibuses which you will need for your bags

It is wierd though cos its just another fare for the cabbie !!
Good luck
Mary
Old Jul 21st 2006, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

Folks,
Cheers,
Tilly
Sorry where abouts are you travelling from? I've a friend who does airport runs to Manchester airport (he has a couple of minibuses), he's based in Preston? If it's of any use I can PM you his number
Old Jul 21st 2006, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all

Folks,
Cheers,
Tilly
There's nothing to conger the fear and excitement, I'm fed up with justifying my actions. determined to stay focused.
My family have disowned me, my friends dont understand.
But I say its my life!! and I will live it!!!!!
The best thing in my life is my wife, and she can't wait!!!!
(the whole oz trip is her idea)
and thats all I need, because she makes me feel alive
I'm surrounded with my life in box's but as I say to my Wife this is where we are!
and its better than a box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old Jul 21st 2006, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

nicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to allnicky m is a name known to all

Originally Posted by milliewoos
Sorry where abouts are you travelling from? I've a friend who does airport runs to Manchester airport (he has a couple of minibuses), he's based in Preston? If it's of any use I can PM you his number
Hi,

Could you give me his number too, we live in chorley and will prob have 4 bags since funds prob wont stretch to little un getting a seat (only 19 months)

Thanks
Nicky
Old Jul 21st 2006, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We flew from Manchester and we went on the train. This was quite a feat as you can imagine with all the luggage we had. Not sure why we didn't get a taxi as our local taxi firm had a minibus, but it was an experience.
Old Jul 21st 2006, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Folks,
Cheers,
Tilly
We went from just outside Sheffield to Manchester airport. A normal size would not have managed all our luggage - and a minibus would have cost more - so we decided - as it was a once in a lifetime departure - we hired a stretch limo - about 200 pounds and well worth it mate
Old Jul 21st 2006, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sasbear
We went from just outside Sheffield to Manchester airport. A normal size would not have managed all our luggage - and a minibus would have cost more - so we decided - as it was a once in a lifetime departure - we hired a stretch limo - about 200 pounds and well worth it mate

Thats the way to do it!!!! Like your style............
Old Jul 21st 2006, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mand8002
We flew from Manchester and we went on the train. This was quite a feat as you can imagine with all the luggage we had. Not sure why we didn't get a taxi as our local taxi firm had a minibus, but it was an experience.
Just how many 'Yorkies' are in Oz.?????
I know there will be another one (Me, Leeds born and proud ) early next year..........
Old Jul 21st 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daveandkathh
I know there will be another one (Me, Leeds born and proud ) early next year..........
Me Sheffield born, hubby Nottingham born but moved to Creswell - met quite a few from Yorkshire out here
Old Jul 21st 2006, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jempower
There's nothing to conger the fear and excitement, I'm fed up with justifying my actions. determined to stay focused.
My family have disowned me, my friends dont understand.
But I say its my life!! and I will live it!!!!!
The best thing in my life is my wife, and she can't wait!!!!
(the whole oz trip is her idea)
and thats all I need, because she makes me feel alive
I'm surrounded with my life in box's but as I say to my Wife this is where we are!
and its better than a box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Sorry to hear about your friends and family know how you feel, and I think your wife is a very lucky woman!!!!! sending k your way.
Old Jul 21st 2006, 10:08 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Two more here................Wakefield born and bred heading for Brisbane 11th October There will soon be more 'Yorkies' in Oz than in Yorkshire.

Loz x
Old Jul 21st 2006, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sasbear
Me Sheffield born, hubby Nottingham born but moved to Creswell - met quite a few from Yorkshire out here

UP THE 'YORKIES'
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

John Sharp is on a distinguished road

UP THE 'YORKIES'
We're from leeds, & will be in Brissie if the bloody house sells. 3 months - 1 viewing, very frustrating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.