Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One way or return?

One way or return?

Old Nov 23rd 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice
Default One way or return?

A guy at work is just about to head off to NZ. He has a 6 mths working visa and will shortly be granted his PR. However he was told he required a return ticket due to not yet having his PR.

My question is when my parents head out on a CPV (173) 2yr temp visa, will they have to purchase a return ticket or will a one-way be ok?

I think a one-way should be ok but wondered if anyone can confirm this.

Cheers
Jane
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough
Default Re: One way or return?

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
A guy at work is just about to head off to NZ. He has a 6 mths working visa and will shortly be granted his PR. However he was told he required a return ticket due to not yet having his PR.

My question is when my parents head out on a CPV (173) 2yr temp visa, will they have to purchase a return ticket or will a one-way be ok?

Cheers
Jane
I may be wrong, but I don't think you can buy a return ticket thats valid for two years
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 9:49 pm
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

no you cannot purchase a return ticket for two years max is a year
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Cheers
Jane
You can book a one way ticket as long as you can prove you have enough funds to purchase the return.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 10:47 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

One-way is ok with this visa. However they should leave plenty of time for check-in just in case airline staff get confused.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Hannah-Banana has a brilliant futureHannah-Banana has a brilliant futureHannah-Banana has a brilliant futureHannah-Banana has a brilliant futureHannah-Banana has a brilliant futureHannah-Banana has a brilliant future

OOOOoohh i never even thought of this!!!

I'm leaving the UK on monday 4th December with a one-way ticket to Sydney. I have a prospective marriage visa in my passport and i know its not permanent yet until we get married and i apply for the spouse visa - what effect is this gonna have on my leaving in 10 days?

Am i gonna get stopped when i arrive in australia?

I have a stopover in San Francisco too.
Didn't get a return ticket coz not planning to come back for at least a year or so - after we get married in June 07 i'll be putting the spouse application in straight away - my pmv runs out in August 07.
I have a letter from the celebrant saying when our wedding is so they can see i'll have enough time to apply for my spouse visa - shall i make sure i take that in my hand luggage?

I'm all scared now - panicking again!
Pollyanna maybe you'll know the answer to this?
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hannah-Banana
OOOOoohh i never even thought of this!!!

I'm leaving the UK on monday 4th December with a one-way ticket to Sydney. I have a prospective marriage visa in my passport and i know its not permanent yet until we get married and i apply for the spouse visa - what effect is this gonna have on my leaving in 10 days?

Am i gonna get stopped when i arrive in australia?

I have a stopover in San Francisco too.
Didn't get a return ticket coz not planning to come back for at least a year or so - after we get married in June 07 i'll be putting the spouse application in straight away - my pmv runs out in August 07.
I have a letter from the celebrant saying when our wedding is so they can see i'll have enough time to apply for my spouse visa - shall i make sure i take that in my hand luggage?

I'm all scared now - panicking again!
Pollyanna maybe you'll know the answer to this?
You'll be fine, you don't need a return ticket with a Pros Marriage Visa Its a visa which leads to PR, not a visa which requires you to leave Australia again after a certain time.

And if it makes you feel any better, the vast majority of Pros Marriage Visa holders ont he forum have come on one way tickets.

You'll be fine. Try to relax and enjoy - easier said than done, I know, but you've worked hard for this, nows the time to get some enjoyment out of it
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Hannah-Banana has a brilliant futureHannah-Banana has a brilliant futureHannah-Banana has a brilliant futureHannah-Banana has a brilliant futureHannah-Banana has a brilliant futureHannah-Banana has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You'll be fine, you don't need a return ticket with a Pros Marriage Visa Its a visa which leads to PR, not a visa which requires you to leave Australia again after a certain time.

And if it makes you feel any better, the vast majority of Pros Marriage Visa holders ont he forum have come on one way tickets.

You'll be fine. Try to relax and enjoy - easier said than done, I know, but you've worked hard for this, nows the time to get some enjoyment out of it
Thank you!!!!!
Just had a momentary lapse in my panic-free state there! ha! You know how it is when you read something that you never thought of - it's like arrgghh!
he he - oh well back to making packing lists! Last day at work today so have all of next week to do the real work of getting ready to go! Eeeeekkkk! :scared:
Old Nov 24th 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
One-way is ok with this visa. However they should leave plenty of time for check-in just in case airline staff get confused.

thanks to all replies.

J