Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

one way flights to oz

one way flights to oz

Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all
Default one way flights to oz

hi there,my family and i are moving from scotland to perth in dec this year,i've just been checking flight prices from airline companys and they seem very high,we visited perth in 2003 and cost of a return ticket was about £650.00,qantas,singapore,and emirate airlines are all listing prices at over £1,300.00 for one way[economy class}seems a bit much?
also could anyone tell me how much excess baggage airline companys allow.
thanks.martin.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:37 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: one way flights to oz

apparently gulf air are pretty cheap but bthe thing is that one way tickets are always very expensive compared to return tickets....as for the luggage, expect around 20 kilos.....depends on the airline though but qantas is 20 kilos in economy and 30 in business class
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:40 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitz
hi there,my family and i are moving from scotland to perth in dec this year,i've just been checking flight prices from airline companys and they seem very high,we visited perth in 2003 and cost of a return ticket was about £650.00,qantas,singapore,and emirate airlines are all listing prices at over £1,300.00 for one way[economy class}seems a bit much?
thanks.martin.
We paid 1600 English squids for 2 adults, a 16 year old and a 13 year old last September with a stop over in Singapore....

I thought that was cheap...
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by walla1
We paid 1600 English squids for 2 adults, a 16 year old and a 13 year old last September with a stop over in Singapore....

I thought that was cheap...
hi thanks for replying to my thread,your quote is quite reasonable,but i was giving examples of prices per person,so for my wife and i and our four year old daughter we would be looking at roughly three grand.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Talking Re: one way flights to oz

we have booked one way...landing in Melbourne on 2nd Dec 2005..was £535 one way each incl taxes. But only 20k of luggage each..i.e. one suitcase..

We fly with Cathay Pacific and booked on Travelbag.co.uk

Good luck with your plans!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:09 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

thanks.martin.
I just went to Singapore Airlines website and got £374.20 for an adult to Perth via Singapore on April 16 this year. This is who we intend to use, two adults and an infant.

Total
GBP 374.20

Adult ticket GBP 310.00 (310.00 x 1)
Child ticket GBP 0.00
Adult taxes/Surcharges GBP 64.20 (64.20 x 1)
Child taxes/Surcharges GBP 0.00

Each passenger will receive 9193 KrisFlyer credited flight miles.

The fare quoted above is only valid for bookings made on www.singaporeair.com. Please note that taxes, surcharges and fees for some airports are collected during check-in or prior to departure by local authorities.

Your Itinerary
Date From To Carrier Flight

16 Apr, Sat London(LHR)
12:00 Singapore(SIN)
07:45 (Arrive 17 Apr)
Singapore Airlines
SQ317
Economy Class
Non-Stop

17 Apr, Sun Singapore(SIN)
09:35 Perth(PER)
14:35
Singapore Airlines
SQ223
Economy Class
Non-Stop

Fare Conditions

MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM STAY:
MINIMUM STAY: 00 DAY(S)
MAXIMUM STAY: 12 MONTH(S)

TRAVEL DATES:
FOR TRAVEL MADE ON/BETWEEN 28 Mar 2005 AND 30 Jun 2005

APPLICABLE FLIGHT NO:
OUTBOUND: SQ0-999
INBOUND: NO RESTRICTION

CANCELLATION CHARGES/REFUNDS:
ONCE TRAVEL COMMENCED, REFUNDS ARE NOT PERMITTED
A CANCELLATION FEE OF GBP 200 APPLIES PRIOR TO DEPARTURE

ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS:
ACCRUAL OF FREQUENT FLYER POINTS/MILEAGE PERMITTED
THIS FARE IS NOT COMMISSIONABLE TO TRAVEL AGENTS
STOPOVERS PERMITTED WITH INTERNET FARES

MIN. NO. OF PASSENGERS:
No Restriction
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:21 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

thanks.martin.
Doubtless you know this already but December is not a cheap time to fly, i.e. lots of people 'toing and froing' for Christmas bumps the prices up.

Good luck with trying to find cheaper tickets.

Binbird
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:24 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Wink Re: one way flights to oz

Originally Posted by gajjitt
I just went to Singapore Airlines website and got £374.20 for an adult to Perth via Singapore on April 16 this year. This is who we intend to use, two adults and an infant.

Total
GBP 374.20

Adult ticket GBP 310.00 (310.00 x 1)
Child ticket GBP 0.00
Adult taxes/Surcharges GBP 64.20 (64.20 x 1)
Child taxes/Surcharges GBP 0.00

Each passenger will receive 9193 KrisFlyer credited flight miles.

The fare quoted above is only valid for bookings made on www.singaporeair.com. Please note that taxes, surcharges and fees for some airports are collected during check-in or prior to departure by local authorities.

Your Itinerary
Date From To Carrier Flight

16 Apr, Sat London(LHR)
12:00 Singapore(SIN)
07:45 (Arrive 17 Apr)
Singapore Airlines
SQ317
Economy Class
Non-Stop

17 Apr, Sun Singapore(SIN)
09:35 Perth(PER)
14:35
Singapore Airlines
SQ223
Economy Class
Non-Stop

Fare Conditions

MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM STAY:
MINIMUM STAY: 00 DAY(S)
MAXIMUM STAY: 12 MONTH(S)

TRAVEL DATES:
FOR TRAVEL MADE ON/BETWEEN 28 Mar 2005 AND 30 Jun 2005

APPLICABLE FLIGHT NO:
OUTBOUND: SQ0-999
INBOUND: NO RESTRICTION

CANCELLATION CHARGES/REFUNDS:
ONCE TRAVEL COMMENCED, REFUNDS ARE NOT PERMITTED

ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS:
ACCRUAL OF FREQUENT FLYER POINTS/MILEAGE PERMITTED
THIS FARE IS NOT COMMISSIONABLE TO TRAVEL AGENTS
STOPOVERS PERMITTED WITH INTERNET FARES

MIN. NO. OF PASSENGERS:
No Restriction
aaah December - now that's a different story altogether.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

we got two adults and a child from London to Melbourne one-way for GBP 1000 including tax flying Cathay Pacific with stopover in HK.

Check out http://www.sagitta-tvl.com/flights/showfare.php?id=211

A lot of people also try the special offers section of
http://www.leestravel.co.uk
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

thanks.martin.
Martin,
There is a cut off point in December when the airfares go through the roof. They know plenty of family's visit each other of the Xmas period, so they try and rip them off as much as they can. If you go before the 10th of December they are alot cheaper, but still not as cheap as the majority of the year..
Old Feb 28th 2005, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Dave, Tracy & Emily is on a distinguished road

thanks.martin.
We have booked a one way flight with B/A vie America for 2 x adults and 1 x infant. because we are going vie America we get 32k. per aduly. Cost in total is 1150 pounds. We are due to fly 28 June 05.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 12:14 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

hi thanks for replying to my thread,your quote is quite reasonable,but i was giving examples of prices per person,so for my wife and i and our four year old daughter we would be looking at roughly three grand.
well divide it by 4 and that's £400 per person, teenagers pay same price as adults......

if you're flying Quantas or BA they tend to be more expensive......
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: one way flights to oz

Hi,
we got 2 adult one way tickets with cathay pacific for £586 (£293 each) with a 4 day stopover in hong kong. flying from manchester to cairns
booked with austravel in manchester
good luck

thanks.martin.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

aussiesoon will become famous soon enough

Hi! try looking on airline-network.co.uk. We've always found them to be the cheapest. They have a help number as well, although it is more expensive to phone book.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

If you contact the airline direct once you've booked your flight, tell them that you are migrating and you should get a 40k baggage allowance for each person.

Dawn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.