Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

one way flight with stop over?

one way flight with stop over?

Old Nov 23rd 2006, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Default one way flight with stop over?

Hello everyone,

when we fly to melbourne next year we would like to fly with emirates or singapore air and have a one to two week stopover in Singapore. My question to the wise is what is the best and cheapest way of booking it?

a) travel agent
b)look for a package on line with expedia, travelbag etc
c) book flights and then just a hotel in Singapore seperately.

We really wanted to stop in thailand but the prices when a stopover are included are extortionate. :scared:

So, having never been to singapore is one week enough or is there enough to do for 2 weeks? We are not lie-on-the -beach people so need lots to do.
The final question is that our daughter will be about 9 months old when we travel. Will this be a problem or shouldnt we even bother with a stopover?

I would love to hear all your experiences of Singapore. In the mean time i will do a thorough search through all old posts
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

neiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to all
Default Re: one way flight with stop over?

hi
We booked through austavel had a 3day stopover in singapore 3star hotel with breakfast for a family of five and it cost us £2300 singapore is fantastic by the way.
neil
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 9:32 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thebardies
Hello everyone,

when we fly to melbourne next year we would like to fly with emirates or singapore air and have a one to two week stopover in Singapore. My question to the wise is what is the best and cheapest way of booking it?

a) travel agent

We really wanted to stop in thailand but the prices when a stopover are included are extortionate. :scared:

So, having never been to singapore is one week enough or is there enough to do for 2 weeks? We are not lie-on-the -beach people so need lots to do.
The final question is that our daughter will be about 9 months old when we travel. Will this be a problem or shouldnt we even bother with a stopover?

I would love to hear all your experiences of Singapore. In the mean time i will do a thorough search through all old posts
Hello

I lived in Malaysia and travelled to Singapore on a couple occasions. My son was about 9 months old at the time too.

My experiences was a wonderful one, but the climate is very very hot.

There are lots of shopping centres and they have many good restaurants there too. There is also a crocodile zoo. Which I enjoyed.

We are planning on staying there for a fews days, before we travel onto Australia.

Do a research on the web and hopefully you can find out what this lovely country is offering.

All the best

Cheers
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

a) travel agent

We live in Thailand for part of the year,you'll find BKK is very cheap.Try Manhattan hotel on the internet,not as good as its glory days in the 80's but serviceable.It is on soi 15 Sukhumvit,the londoner pub and the irish bar at the start of soi22 are within walking distance.Sky train stations would be Asoke and Nana,both within walking distance.English bars are on soi4 (nana),be careful for pickpockets there.Chequers bar is the hang out for the poms that live there,sometimes they are helpful to tourists.Singapore is OK but very hot and expensive compared to Thailand,anywhere with a 9 month old will be difficult,remember plenty water for the child,they de-hydrate very quickly.Good luck.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by geordie downunder
We live in Thailand for part of the year,you'll find BKK is very cheap.Try Manhattan hotel on the internet,not as good as its glory days in the 80's but serviceable.It is on soi 15 Sukhumvit,the londoner pub and the irish bar at the start of soi22 are within walking distance.Sky train stations would be Asoke and Nana,both within walking distance.English bars are on soi4 (nana),be careful for pickpockets there.Chequers bar is the hang out for the poms that live there,sometimes they are helpful to tourists.Singapore is OK but very hot and expensive compared to Thailand,anywhere with a 9 month old will be difficult,remember plenty water for the child,they de-hydrate very quickly.Good luck.
Yes we stayed at the amari atrium 2 years ago as we got married in Thailand and loved it. That was on or very near the Sukhumvit road too. we wanted to go again but when i look at flights they are quoting 7000 gbp if we include a stopover. the problem is that we dont want to fly with thaiair as we had a bad experience with them last time. if you can recommend an airline that would fly to thailand for cheaper we would definately prefer that!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

a) travel agent

OOps forgot,try Thai airways online for price,they have some bargains at the minute,we go to BKK next march for $842 return,(Perth BKK) including all taxes.A bunch of old geordie men and women meeting up for the youngest ones 50th birthday,paint the town red and then walk home with the zimmer frames.They all go back to geordieland and we fly back to Perth.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by geordie downunder
OOps forgot,try Thai airways online for price,they have some bargains at the minute,we go to BKK next march for $842 return,(Perth BKK) including all taxes.A bunch of old geordie men and women meeting up for the youngest ones 50th birthday,paint the town red and then walk home with the zimmer frames.They all go back to geordieland and we fly back to Perth.
Sounds like a good laugh. return flights are fairly cheap but one way with a stopover i cant get a good price!

Thanks for your advice though.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes we stayed at the amari atrium 2 years ago as we got married in Thailand and loved it. That was on or very near the Sukhumvit road too. we wanted to go again but when i look at flights they are quoting 7000 gbp if we include a stopover. the problem is that we dont want to fly with thaiair as we had a bad experience with them last time. if you can recommend an airline that would fly to thailand for cheaper we would definately prefer that!
You got that up while I was 1 finger typing.Try KLM out of A/dam,should link up from a lot of UK airports through UK air (British Caledonian when I lived in A/dam).Lufthansa out of Frankfurt may be cheap,and F/furt isa good night out (Sachsenhausen, 600 bars).I think the daily telegraph has a good travel service for cheap airlines.Try Flight centre UK ,Good luck.Yes Thai air have gone downhill a lot,ah try China airlines (Taiwan),they would probably fly LHR, BKK ,Taipei,get off in BKK find your own hotel and see who they link up with to OZ.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Sounds like a good laugh. return flights are fairly cheap but one way with a stopover i cant get a good price!

Thanks for your advice though.
Yes I forgot about that,one way fares are almost as expensive as return,get a return and have a short holiday in UK after 11 months here,just a thought.