Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One Way Car Hire

One Way Car Hire

Old Oct 7th 2010, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default One Way Car Hire

Does anyone know any companies that do one way car hire for cheap?

Me and a mate want to hire a car to drive down the Great Ocean Road, but then fly back. All the companies I've looked at charge $200 for a one way fee
Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of
Default Re: One Way Car Hire

Frankly $200 is a bargain. I did a big trip a few years back from Syd to Adl, and I think the one-way fee was at least $300.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:56 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking for a one way hire from Mt Isa to Brisbane and the relocation fee would have been over $1500.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't be complaining then!
Old Oct 8th 2010, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Try a search for 'car relocations', these are companies trying to relocate car rentals and campers rentals at the cheapest possible cost.

You might just get lucky
Old Oct 8th 2010, 3:58 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

www.standbycars.com.au
Old Oct 8th 2010, 6:21 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by tking
Need to emphasise this one, THEY near enough pay YOU, to relocate the car for them.

eg: they currently have a car at Mackay that they want in Cairns, and will charge you only $3 and give you 3 days to get it there.

They also have a camper van in Melbourne that needs to be in Brisbane. They will cover the fuel cost of $210 and you can take 4 days doing the trip, at a charge of $20.

The new link for this service is: http://www.standbyrelocs.com/