Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which one of us should go for the student visa?????

Which one of us should go for the student visa?????

Old Oct 27th 2007, 5:57 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which one of us should go for the student visa?????

Hi all
After reading something on here about the hairdressing courses now not lasting 2 years and therefore probably not a possibility of getting PR afterwards i am wondering if my hubby would be better off doing a bricklaying course over there instead of me - he is a general builder over here by trade but has no qualifications.
What does anyone think - head is beginning to spin now as we are so desperate to come over - we are now 40 so not got that long left really to be training over here and then gaining any experience.
Thanks for any advice
Sam
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

sunshine 27 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Which one of us should go for the student visa?????

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
Hi all
After reading something on here about the hairdressing courses now not lasting 2 years and therefore probably not a possibility of getting PR afterwards i am wondering if my hubby would be better off doing a bricklaying course over there instead of me - he is a general builder over here by trade but has no qualifications.
What does anyone think - head is beginning to spin now as we are so desperate to come over - we are now 40 so not got that long left really to be training over here and then gaining any experience.
Thanks for any advice
Sam
Hi Sam
We are about to apply for student visa, I'm 41, we had the same problem, but I've decided to go with the hairdressing. It may take about 3 years to get PR (due to change on visa) and that is if you are lucky to get PR at the end of it!
Have a look at the thread student visa - medicals in immigration, people on it doing bricklaying and hairdressing. Just get a much info as you can and decide what is best for you.
With hairdressing you will have to do a 2nd year, each college offers different courses for international students. decide where you want to live in Oz then have look at college web sites in that area.

good luck
Angie