Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

one topic of conversation

one topic of conversation

Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

taylors244 will become famous soon enoughtaylors244 will become famous soon enough
Default one topic of conversation

hi everyone
after making the momentous decision to leave a nice home, two secure jobs that we both love, uprooting our children and moving them to the other side of the world ,there only seems to be one topic of conversation in our house at the moment, it`s all we seem to talk about these days!
in fact, when we do actually move over there i`m not sure we`ll have anything to talk about!
is this the same for anyone else?
sam
Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:15 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: one topic of conversation

Originally Posted by taylors244
hi everyone
after making the momentous decision to leave a nice home, two secure jobs that we both love, uprooting our children and moving them to the other side of the world ,there only seems to be one topic of conversation in our house at the moment, it`s all we seem to talk about these days!
in fact, when we do actually move over there i`m not sure we`ll have anything to talk about!
sam
Fraid so. Same in this house.

Have you told people at work too? That seems to be all I get there as well. "Any news?", "Have you heard any more?". It's nice in a way but don't you get sick of answering the same questions?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

hi everyone
sam
Yup this way too. My friends and family even get emails all about the TRA, SIR Visa's, Points, and which direction the water goes down the plughole in Oz (anti clockwise! ..... I checked! ...lol)

It's gonna take over your life!

Good luck!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:46 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

hi everyone
sam
Yes, same here. Once we are out there and settled in we will have to go back to long silences again
Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by worzel
Yes, same here. Once we are out there and settled in we will have to go back to long silences again
could always try the "what's on the TV tonight" line ?!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:56 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
could always try the "what's on the TV tonight" line ?!
With the quality of Australian tv and no Foxetel initially? I don't think so!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 7:56 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

hi everyone
sam

We were the same......... then the visas were granted........... and now we wait while the buyers who desperately want this house makes themselves known...... and we wait...... and we wait........

We don't talk any more about anything - all plans are on hold until miracle buyer appears!

You don't know anyone wanting a 5 bedroomed house in Gloucestershire do you?!

Binbird
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by binbird
now we wait while the buyers who desperately want this house makes themselves known...... and we wait...... and we wait........
Yeah i have all this fun to come

NOT looking forward to it, but see the other halfs brother yesterday (estate agent) and he said HIS market is ok, no worries!

His area is NW London, which I appreciate isn't a lot of use up there, but as long as I hear it's 'ok' ...... I can live with that
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:52 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

hi everyone
sam
Hi Sam,

Yes us too, and when we've run out of Oz things to talk about, I get on this forum and people give us ideas to mull over again.

It is a momentus step though, it's no surprise that you're talking about nothing else.

And it's gonna happen to us in 11 days!!!!

All the best

Paul
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Good luck!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

taylors244 will become famous soon enoughtaylors244 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Hi Sam,

Yes us too, and when we've run out of Oz things to talk about, I get on this forum and people give us ideas to mull over again.

It is a momentus step though, it's no surprise that you're talking about nothing else.

All the best

Paul
good luck in aus we ll hopefully be there in jan
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:34 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

good luck in aus we ll hopefully be there in jan
Thanks

Paul
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:52 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

hi everyone
sam
Hi, Yes it is the same for me and my hubby, it is the only topic of conversation for us. I think I am getting on my family and friends nerves too as I tell them all the time and I think they have all switched off now and just ignore me. It is hard to think of anything else as it is a life changing experience. Dont worry you are not alone.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 2:37 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

hi everyone
sam
The thing that I remember most about it was the religious checking of the post in the morning.

Once you have it then its all talk about how much you have to do and selling the house etc

Once you've made the journey there is so much to find out and do that you don't run out of stuff to talk about.

Once youve been here a few months you start talking about the things your missing.

Once youve been here a year or so then yep its back to normal (Providing you've settled of course ) and long silences