Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One of those 'can you get these in Australia' questions

One of those 'can you get these in Australia' questions

Old Oct 27th 2006, 4:18 pm
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all
Default One of those 'can you get these in Australia' questions

So look away now if you don't like people asking but I genuinely don't know if Power Rangers are big in Australia!

My 6.5 year old son is nuts about Power Rangers and has written his Xmas wish list to include loads of their toys - are they readily available in Oz? I'm wondering whether to buy a couple of things now for him and take them with us (we go on 23rd Nov) if they're few and far between out there.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 4:31 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One of those 'can you get these in Australia' questions

Speaking from experience (I have 9 and 7 year old boys) you can get power rangers but there is not much choice. You can get the odd figure and bike or whatever, but it's not like the choice in say, toysrus.
I'd certainly think about buying some for the suitcase or shipping.
TBH my kids don't have much time now for their action figures, they tend to play with them in the bath only as they are out and about at weekends and after school.

Hope this helps,
Tracey
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:24 pm
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Speaking from experience (I have 9 and 7 year old boys) you can get power rangers but there is not much choice. You can get the odd figure and bike or whatever, but it's not like the choice in say, toysrus.
I'd certainly think about buying some for the suitcase or shipping.
TBH my kids don't have much time now for their action figures, they tend to play with them in the bath only as they are out and about at weekends and after school.

Hope this helps,
Tracey
Thanks Tracey - will get him a megazord (whatever one of those is ) before we go I think.

Good to hear that yours don't have much time for them now - I hope it's the same for us
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:31 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: One of those 'can you get these in Australia' questions

Originally Posted by Spikey
So look away now if you don't like people asking but I genuinely don't know if Power Rangers are big in Australia!

My 6.5 year old son is nuts about Power Rangers and has written his Xmas wish list to include loads of their toys - are they readily available in Oz? I'm wondering whether to buy a couple of things now for him and take them with us (we go on 23rd Nov) if they're few and far between out there.
Power Rangers were big news in Australia... about ten years ago.

They're still around, but not as popular as they once were.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Yes they were big about 10 years ago here too, my eldest used to like them, (he'll kill me if he reads this ) but they've gone full circle as usual and are back again, now my youngest is into them and guess who didn't keep them from last time

When we were on our reccie we saw a toys r us there, wouldn't they have them in the same
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:07 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Alot of toys were big news over the years, but it becomes the old story of new ones created one kid gets them and soon it all becomes a fad and everyone wants one until a new product comes on the market.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

power rangers dvd's are between $9 and $20 depending on whether they're on special. You can still get toys from Toy Kingdom in Melbourne just like you can still get Turtles, etc. They're not the top sellers anymore but you should still get them.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 4:38 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I see lots of power rangers stuff given away on Freecycle. Join your local group and you'll amass a collection in seconds.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 6:12 pm
Newbie!

Thank you all, we're going to get him the PR thing he wants most (megazord) before we go and take it with us. Sounds like it's the same in Australia as here, I think they used to be much bigger here than they are now but they're the 'in' thing with my son and his mates!

Going to get both kids bikes I think for Xmas once we're out there as that's what they need!