Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One thing I will miss (UK)

One thing I will miss (UK)

Old Oct 20th 2003, 1:43 pm
Badge

Default One thing I will miss (UK)

Jeremy Clarkson.

he is so funny and astute. I can well imagine "sandal wearers" considering him right wing though. He was saying yesterday that noobe ever remembers the title of classical music just the music from an advert or the "one people clap to at the Horse of the Year show".

Incidentally, after the soccer vs rugby debate here on expats, on Saturday he was saying - in the Sun(!) - that Rugby should become our new national sport as:

a) we are better at it
b) the players are not paid as much
c) they are better educated
d) have better haircuts!!

He said that Becks can miss, we can go scoreless against Turkey, have a scuffle in the Tunnel and it's a STILL a source of national pride!!!

lol.

Old Oct 20th 2003, 1:50 pm
WBB

Default Re: One thing I will miss (UK)

Originally posted by badgersmount
Jeremy Clarkson.

he is so funny and astute. I can well imagine "sandal wearers" considering him right wing though. He was saying yesterday that noobe ever remembers the title of classical music just the music from an advert or the "one people clap to at the Horse of the Year show".

Incidentally, after the soccer vs rugby debate here on expats, on Saturday he was saying - in the Sun(!) - that Rugby should become our new national sport as:

a) we are better at it

He said that Becks can miss, we can go scoreless against Turkey, have a scuffle in the Tunnel and it's a STILL a source of national pride!!!

lol.

you are probably right badge but football has more support at all levels.

football can be played by anyone - unlike rugby with it's more complicated rules - and is played in most countries in the world, and dont forget that if there was no football there would be no rugby.

Old Oct 20th 2003, 1:54 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by welshboybilly
football can be played by anyone - unlike rugby with it's more complicated rules - and is played in most countries in the world, and dont forget that if there was no football there would be no rugby.
I love the actual game of football, and this is one of the reasons. I have had loads of fun taking a ball and a couple of mates down the park and having a kick around. You can't really do that with rugby, you need at least a three/four on each side (preferably 7, i LOVE rugby 7s).

As for clarkson. Hes ok....but can't say i'll miss him. I will miss David Attenborough, and the various bbc nature docs. I love em.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 2:01 pm
Badge

<QUOTE>
As for clarkson. Hes ok....but can't say i'll miss him. I will miss David Attenborough, and the various bbc nature docs. I love em. [/QUOTE]

Hey pete we are going to buy an Attenborough DVD box set for Chrimbo.

Can you recommend "Life on Earth" or the "Living Planet". We want one of the first ones he did. (Life on Earth was 1979!!)

badge

Old Oct 20th 2003, 2:07 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Hey pete we are going to buy an Attenborough DVD box set for Chrimbo.

Can you recommend "Life on Earth" or the "Living Planet". We want one of the first ones he did. (Life on Earth was 1979!!)

badge
I've got em all

Out of the two, i would choose Life on Earth. They are both great.

Living planet (1984) is more about the planet, and how it formed and life began, taking you through to life as it exists today.

Life on earth (1988) is more focused on todays life, and is a synopsis of all life on the planet.

My favorite was actually one of the more recent. I loved the blue planet. Excellent stuff
Old Oct 20th 2003, 2:11 pm
Badge

spottter!

Old Oct 20th 2003, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

Having been to Oz three times in the last 12 months and carried out extensive research the thing I will miss the most is good Scottish Ale. It is lager, lager or lager with the occasional fizzy pale ale. Blah!

There is nothing near the taste of a pint of heavy....unless someone can tell me different.

Ken

Clarkson - Very good.
But I will also miss Off the ball on Saturday afternoon!!!
Old Oct 20th 2003, 2:14 pm
A Male Member

spottter!

Oi less of that
Old Oct 21st 2003, 12:45 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy Clarkson.
lol.
I shouldn't worry, he's on Foxtel over here. In fact I was watching his program about Europe the other night, you know the one where he goes to Spain and tells the bloke in the toll booth "It's OK, I've already paid, why should I pay twice?"

Very funny. He's a bit of a dickhead, but funny all the same.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 12:51 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeremy Clarkson.

a) we are better at it

lol.
I do not think Jeremy Clarkson can comment on hair styles with his eighties no.