One small step...

Wikiposts

One small step...

Old Aug 25th 2003, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough
Default One small step...

Hello there.

I am currently battling my way through the paperwork for my offshore Skilled Independent VISA application. What a minefield!

Apologies for extra silly questions - but if both my husband and I are UK born of UK parents and neither of us have lived anywhere else but the UK - how do we send proof that we are native English speakers?

Do people have any experience of this?

We are hoping to get our application off by the end of September (fingers crossed) and would like ultimately to settle in Adelaide (it has nothing to do with the wine....honestly!)

Excited and anxious.

Olive101.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 7:54 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: One small step...

Originally posted by Olive101
Hello there.

I am currently battling my way through the paperwork for my offshore Skilled Independent VISA application. What a minefield!

Apologies for extra silly questions - but if both my husband and I are UK born of UK parents and neither of us have lived anywhere else but the UK - how do we send proof that we are native English speakers?

We are hoping to get our application off by the end of September (fingers crossed) and would like ultimately to settle in Adelaide (it has nothing to do with the wine....honestly!)

Excited and anxious.

Olive101.
Hi Olive,

They'll take it for granted, by the other questions that you answer, that you speak English.

You might be interested to know, that every two months, a big crowd of us from Essex, Kent, Surrey etc get together for a drink and a chat to swap stories and advice. Our next meeting is on October 5th if you are interested.

Take a look at this thread if you want;

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...5&pagenumber=1

Steve.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Steve.

What a lovely reply to my first posting!

Thanks also for the link - what a small world - so many people from such a tiny area going to Adelaide.

We would love to meet some other frazzled emigrating souls - whereabouts is your next get-together?

Olive.

Old Aug 25th 2003, 8:10 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Steve.

What a lovely reply to my first posting!

Thanks also for the link - what a small world - so many people from such a tiny area going to Adelaide.

We would love to meet some other frazzled emigrating souls - whereabouts is your next get-together?

Olive.

I couldn't believe how many people there were on here who lived so close! We meet at a pub in Chafford Hundred. If you send me an email address, I'll send you all the details and a map. Unfortunately, you can't send attachments through the emails on this site, so I'll need you full email address. You can send this to me by email or by the 'Private Message' system on the top of this post.

We're not all going to Adelaide, but quite a few of us are. It's nice to put faces to the names, and a good way to swap stories and experiences. Hope you can come to the next one.

By the way, welcome to the site!

Steve.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 8:23 am
Just Joined

xcaretuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello Olive

Hi Olive,
Thanks to Steve, we last month attended our first meeting at Chafford Hundred. We found it 'very' informative and best of all fun.

Hope you can attend in October.

Best Wishes
Barb
Old Aug 25th 2003, 8:27 am
I Know What's Going On!

Default Re: Hello Olive

Originally posted by xcaretuk
Hi Olive,
Thanks to Steve, we last month attended our first meeting at Chafford Hundred. We found it 'very' informative and best of all fun.

Best Wishes
Barb
Hi Barb, sorry I couldn't stay to the end last time but my son was unwell and my wife was looking after him. I'm going to dose them all up with 'Beechams' next time and we'll all be there 'till the end as usual!
Old Aug 25th 2003, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Default Beecham's!

Hi Steve,
Beecham's is fab isn't it? Look forward to seeing you and your family on Oct 5th keep up the good work!

Barb
Old Aug 25th 2003, 9:34 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by xcaretuk
Hi Olive,

Best Wishes
Barb
Hi Barb,
I've been looking out for you, glad to see you've joined the madhouse. It was great meeting everyone and what a small world I still can't get over the fact that your Brian knows Steve's dad. We told Tony that we met you and he sends his best wishes.
Any developments on the visa front? let us know how you are getting on.
Anyway we look forward to seeing you at the next meet.
Take care
Averill
Old Aug 25th 2003, 9:37 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Hi Barb, sorry I couldn't stay to the end last time but my son was unwell and my wife was looking after him. I'm going to dose them all up with 'Beechams' next time and we'll all be there 'till the end as usual!
Hi Steve,
Shame you had to rush off, thanks for organising the day we had a great time. We are really looking forward to the next one, see you then.

Kind Regards
Averill
Old Aug 25th 2003, 9:44 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Hello there.

Excited and anxious.

Olive101.
Hi Olive,
Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you at the next meet up.

Kind Regards
ACE
Old Aug 27th 2003, 12:05 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by ACE
Hi Averill,
Only just read your post. Will contact you of list for an update.

Best wishes
Barb

Hi Barb,
I've been looking out for you, glad to see you've joined the madhouse. It was great meeting everyone and what a small world I still can't get over the fact that your Brian knows Steve's dad. We told Tony that we met you and he sends his best wishes.
Any developments on the visa front? let us know how you are getting on.
Anyway we look forward to seeing you at the next meet.
Take care
Averill
Old Aug 27th 2003, 12:18 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Hello there.

Excited and anxious.

Olive101.
Hi Olive

your UK birth certificates and UK school certificates will prove that you are native English speakers. You have to provide these anyway as part of your application.

Good luck with everything

Mel
Old Aug 27th 2003, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you!

I had not realised I should be sending my school certificates! I guess I need to go back to the drawing board....!

Olive.