Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One Perth forum, there's only one Perth forum (not!)

One Perth forum, there's only one Perth forum (not!)

Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:58 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default One Perth forum, there's only one Perth forum (not!)

Melbourne and Adelaide have one forum each that is the focus of everyone's attention but there seems to be quite a few for Perth. I think this means that none of them really get enough traffic.

I don't want to tread on anyone's toes that run the various forums but I think those of us heading off to Perth would be better served if we chose one of then and stuck to it.

The information by all of the various sites is great and I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from using them.

What does everyone else think? Should we have a poll and choose one perhaps?
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:59 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One Perth forum, there's only one Perth forum (not!)

Can I vote for my own forum or is that cheating?

(In my defence I have set up mine to cover WA not just Perth)
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:28 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

I think they all offer something slightly different, and time will pick a winner for us. I don't think it's for any of us to decide, although there is no harm posting our thoughts about them and descussing pros/cons of each to help the decision along. (Sorry, reading that back it sounds a bit offish. It wasn't meant to. It was meant to sound wise...ish)
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:30 pm

Are you the wise woman who lives at 2 Dunghill Mansions, Putney?

(hope you're a Blackadder fan otherwise that makes no sense whatsoever!!!)
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:33 pm
woooohoooo!

kate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura aboutkate has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: One Perth forum, there's only one Perth forum (not!)

cant do any harm, i have only just started looking as im going to Perth the end of this year or early 2006 and the more info and answers the better
Old Apr 12th 2005, 4:42 pm

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bridiej
Are you the wise woman who lives at 2 Dunghill Mansions, Putney?

(hope you're a Blackadder fan otherwise that makes no sense whatsoever!!!)
Not only am I wise, but I also have a plan. In fact, it's a plan so cunning, you could stick a nose on it and call it a weasel
Old Apr 12th 2005, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
Not only am I wise, but I also have a plan. In fact, it's a plan so cunning, you could stick a nose on it and call it a weasel
makes you just want to go out and get Blackadder on DVD and go to Mrs miggings pie shop
Old Apr 12th 2005, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Steve2438
makes you just want to go out and get Blackadder on DVD and go to Mrs miggings pie shop
The best toilet book I've ever had is a book of all the Blackadder scripts. Fantastic.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 6:57 pm

If I've got two beans, and I add two beans what does that make?

A very small casserole!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 1:09 am
ABCDiamond

Now I know why some people head for Perth, and others avoid it

Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

You've made a good point Worzel, but to be honest it would be good to have a Perth only forum which isn't blatantly commercial - that's my only real gripe.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 6:01 am
Tell it like it is'er

Scorpio1 will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: One Perth forum, there's only one Perth forum (not!)

No, I'm the only gay in the village (for 'Little Britain' fans - 'yeah, i know') !
Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Larissa
You've made a good point Worzel, but to be honest it would be good to have a Perth only forum which isn't blatantly commercial - that's my only real gripe.
Hi Larissa

I've set up a forum www.expatsinwa.tk which is totally NOT commercial, purely like this forum for people to post their experiences, sound off, whatever!

Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:27 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
Ahhh, but is it more cunning than a fox who is head of the department of cunning at Oxford.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Ahhh, but is it more cunning than a fox who is head of the department of cunning at Oxford.
LOL!

Anyone want to see my turnip in the shape of a thingy?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.