Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One for OzTennis - Just for fun!

One for OzTennis - Just for fun!

Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:36 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default One for OzTennis - Just for fun!

The Importance of correct Grammar:
Recently there has been a ‘mini’ debate in a daily tabloid regarding Grammar; the lack of and misuse by all manner of people. Below is just one example of………..

Version 1

‘Dear John,
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind and thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we’re apart. I can be forever happy. Will you let me be yours? Anne.’

Version 2

‘Dear John,
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind and thoughtful people who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we’re apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be? Yours, Anne.’

Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:40 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: One for OzTennis - Just for fun!

Originally posted by downunderpom
The Importance of correct Grammar:
Recently there has been a ‘mini’ debate in a daily tabloid regarding Grammar; the lack of and misuse by all manner of people. Below is just one example of………..

Version 1

‘Dear John,
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind and thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we’re apart. I can be forever happy. Will you let me be yours? Anne.’

Version 2

‘Dear John,
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind and thoughtful people who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we’re apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be? Yours, Anne.’

Version 2 looks familiar. Have you been going through my private letters?
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:41 pm
WBB

excellent.