Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One of out of three Dutch are fleeing the Netherlands!

One of out of three Dutch are fleeing the Netherlands!

Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:37 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default One of out of three Dutch are fleeing the Netherlands!

At least this site thinks so. Sorry if this has been posted before; I did search for it.

http://www.expatica.com/source/site_...story_id=19065
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default Re: One of out of three Dutch are fleeing the Netherlands!

yes, and I'll be one of those.

admitedly I am a brit though.

Originally Posted by Peter
At least this site thinks so. Sorry if this has been posted before; I did search for it.

Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:58 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Peter,

there was a prog ob C4 aboutthis a little while ago.
Don't think that the UK will be any different when we become a minority due to the shrinking birth rate and continuing imigration / migration.

Interesting little ditty that sums it all up;

NY used to be know for the strip clubs and lap dancing places, its now being cleaned up because the increasing latino population is Catholic and as such have saught to ban it by using the zoneing laws, maling it all but impossible to locate on.
Just demonstartaes that things change and what you knew as home will change as the population changes.

Bye
Mark
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:05 pm
Merlot

"A large amount of the spontaneous reactions over the Netherlands were negative. This was due to political developments, multiculturalism, over-population, criminality and socially distant people"

This is a quote from that article

If you move from your own country to another is it at some point that your new country of residence will become over populated, have an increase in crime, have socially distant people and more so you would be part of the multiculturalism because you and your country folk are moving out?

I find all this totally confusing the reasons why people leave their homelands.

M

Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

In the UK, the Government has a covert policy of unrestricted immigration of third-world nationals, as these are New Labour voting fodder, see http://www.telegraph.co.uk, article "Alasdair Palmer: Shocking subversion". Also check out http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/ .
Old Apr 25th 2005, 1:45 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

1 in 3 say they want to, but will they?

It's all a media hype at the moment, I think, and a mass thing, people hyping each other up.

And of course it's easier to migrate these days anyway.

The Netherlands can still be a great place to live, just like the UK, there are plenty of people that are very happy.
It's certainly not why I moved(to get away), or my parents are moving back.

Move for the pull, not the push. Otherwise a lot are going to 'fail'.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

yep, not surprised - have left myself.

i'm not going to claim that i left holland because of certain things that i didn't like (i just had one big thing here in perth that i DID like - my boyfriend ), but i can certainly see where these people are coming from.

i'm sure i'll get slagged off for this, but hey, i'm merely expressing my views...

not long ago i read an article about holland's so called multicultural society - the bit that shocked me beyond belief was that the most common name for new born boys in amsterdam was mohammed! nothing against people that call their kids that, but as you might know, 'our' muslims are not the most integrated muslims in the world...to say the least. they have their mosques, not controlled by anything or anyone, some of them with extreme right-wing imams that have actually been banned from 'preaching' in other countries, they have their own islamic schools in their own islamic neighbourhoods - nothing wrong with that as such, but it is a big problem once it is combined with their complete disregard of the values and laws of the country they're living in.
some of you might remember the shooting of the dutch film maker theo van gogh last year - he made a movie called 'submission', with a dutch/somali politician (from muslim-background) about the oppression of women in muslim societies.
this caused a great uproar from certain parts of our society and he ended up being shot by a morrocan kid. 'because he was evil'...so much for our famous freedom of speech in holland...the politician is still receiving death-threats...

unfortunatly, this wasnt an isolated incident - we have gotten to that stage where people are afraid to voice their opinions on other religions, for fear of being hurt...this is not just my opionion btw, the statistics are there to show that young people from a muslim-background (especially morrocans) are xx-times more likely to end up in jail on serious charges (assault, murder etc.) than dutch kids without a muslim-background.

surely its as much the fault of the governement which has, in years before, never made a huge effort to get these people to 'integrate' and who still allows (mainly) turkish and morrocan men to get their brides from the home-country, without demanding even the most basic language skills, but it would be too easy to blame it all on government policy. i guess its the same problem the world over - people failing to take responsibility for their own actions and lives...

living in a country of immigrants now, i fail to see why these kids can blame it all on the fact that they're 2nd or 3rd generation muslims in holland and feel stuck between two societies...