Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One night Sunshine Coast

One night Sunshine Coast

Old May 15th 2007, 11:09 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default One night Sunshine Coast

Hello, we've got our hol to Oz next week. We've booked our first 2 nights at a Big 4 near the Gold Coast and thought we'd book the 3rd night at the Sunshine Coast and tie it in with a visit to Australia Zoo.

Can anyone reccomend anywhere for the night that's not too expensive but a nice place to stay? Should we just book another Big 4?

Also, how long does it take to get from Gold Coast to Sunshine coast?

Old May 15th 2007, 11:44 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One night Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hello, we've got our hol to Oz next week. We've booked our first 2 nights at a Big 4 near the Gold Coast and thought we'd book the 3rd night at the Sunshine Coast and tie it in with a visit to Australia Zoo.

Can anyone reccomend anywhere for the night that's not too expensive but a nice place to stay? Should we just book another Big 4?

About an hour and a half ireckon.

How close do you want to stay to australia zoo?

I reckon maroochydore or mooloolabah. Lovely beaches, shopping centre with cinemas etc and a bit of life. Mooloolaba has lovely beach front restaurants. Plenty of holiday rentals. Try the kaluha apartments, google them, in maroochydore. We stayed there and they were great, even gave us a night free as we arrived early.

You can drive into either place and get a motel for the night. We did no probs. about 90$ was the rate generally a night for a motel. All clean and a bed for the night.

Have a good time

Al
Old May 16th 2007, 4:31 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Try the Burlington Apartments at Cotton Tree / Alexandra Headland.. about 2 min walk to the beach.. near Maroochydore n that.. or try the Alex Beach Resort.. (I think that's what it's called) they do camping/caravans/cabins.. should be cheaper now it's heading towards winter.. brrrrr
Old May 16th 2007, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Cant usually go wrong with big 4, the caravan park at alexandra headland, (between mooloolaba and maroochydore) is V good pretty sure its a big 4.

Drive from GC to SC, depends when early hours late evening under the 2 hours, rush hour friday night would be the worse time, has taken 3 hours to do springwoood (south bris to SC) many a friday.
Old May 16th 2007, 5:37 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone Brilliant info as usual

Anyone know which one of these is the nearest to the zoo?

Do you reckon the zoo is a whole day thing?
Old May 16th 2007, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone Brilliant info as usual

Anyone know which one of these is the nearest to the zoo?

Do you reckon the zoo is a whole day thing?
Both accoms mentioned are very close to each other, under half hour to aus zoo, which is at beerwah, which is a very small town, no beach etc, nearest beachy place to it is caloundra, but if you only have one night do alex, and mooloolaba which have more life to them.

Most of our overseas guests fill a whole day at the zoo, I quite like it even tho been many times even our kids wouldnt be out of there in less than 4 hours.
Old May 16th 2007, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Both accoms mentioned are very close to each other, under half hour to aus zoo, which is at beerwah, which is a very small town, no beach etc, nearest beachy place to it is caloundra, but if you only have one night do alex, and mooloolaba which have more life to them.

Most of our overseas guests fill a whole day at the zoo, I quite like it even tho been many times even our kids wouldnt be out of there in less than 4 hours.
Ok great thanks, I'll show the others and then book it I think

Getting excited now
Old May 16th 2007, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Getting excited now
You'll have a great day at the zoo, it's really nice.

As the others have said, stay in Mooloolaba / Maroochydore - the Big4 is good, the one near the river is where we stayed.
Maybe you can go to the Mooloolaba surf club for food and a beer at night time?
Old May 16th 2007, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield

As the others have said, stay in Mooloolaba / Maroochydore - the Big4 is good, the one near the river is where we stayed.
Ooh I might do if you reccommend it - just put my mind at rest though, they're not going to expect me to be a surfer are they
Old May 16th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Getting excited now
Look forward to the reccie update then Kath
Old May 16th 2007, 12:28 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield

Anyone know what that hotel/motel guyide is called. you buy them from various places, they list all the holiday apartments and motels etc for different areass. I seem to remember it was a guys name i think like richards or something si,milar, any ideas??

They are a great source of info for places to stay ad hoc.

al
Old May 16th 2007, 12:34 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

cant help you with accomodation, just wanted to say have a fab time and look forward to your report when you get back.................i'm sooooooooo jealous

x
Old May 16th 2007, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by marvinc
Look forward to the reccie update then Kath
Ooh not really a reccie, we'll be doing far too much holidaying
Old May 16th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh I might do if you reccommend it - just put my mind at rest though, they're not going to expect me to be a surfer are they
We spent the whole day at the zoo, and where one of the last family's to leave. Didnt feed the kangaroos though, Im a bit scared of them.
Mooloolabah is lovely, we spent a whole day there too just wandering around. Your gona have a great time.
Old May 16th 2007, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samnsam
We spent the whole day at the zoo, and where one of the last family's to leave. Didnt feed the kangaroos though, Im a bit scared of them.
Mooloolabah is lovely, we spent a whole day there too just wandering around. Your gona have a great time.
Yes we too were at the zoo all day, even though it p*d down with rain all day Monkey will love it there K We didn't feed the roo's either, I'm also a bit funny putting fingers by animals mouths stroked them though Agree with Sam about Mooloolaba, it's so lovely there

You must try to get into the hinterland of the Gold Coast too, it's not all like surfers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.