British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   One More Get Up!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/one-more-get-up-251161/)

PHIZA Aug 26th 2004 6:50 pm

One More Get Up!!

Well that's it, only one more day in work, finish tomorrow at about 12.00 and heading off into town with a couple of dozen of (ex) workmates for a beer or two! :D :beer:
I thought my last day would never arrive, its so hard to pretend to be interested in a job you've hated doing for so long when you know you're leaving! I'll miss all the workmates but not the job! ;)
I'm hoping for a new start when we arrive in Perth on the 20th Sept.!

Hels Aug 26th 2004 6:54 pm

Re: One More Get Up!!

Originally Posted by PHIZA
Well that's it, only one more day in work, finish tomorrow at about 12.00 and heading off into town with a couple of dozen of (ex) workmates for a beer or two!
I thought my last day would never arrive, its so hard to pretend to be interested in a job you've hated doing for so long when you know you're leaving! I'll miss all the workmates but not the job!

CONGRATS!!!!

Have a terrific last day :beer: :beer:

I know exactly how you feel. I was starting to hate my job about a year ago, but knew I was going at some stage so stuck it out. But once we started the process for Hubby's visa, I lost ALL interest and ended up leaving a month earlier than I initially planned because every day just got harder and harder to get out the door to go...

Enjoy everything about tomorrow as its the only time you will ever have a last day of work before you immigrate to Oz....It will never happen again!! ;)

Deb Aug 26th 2004 6:57 pm

Well that's it, only one more day in work, finish tomorrow at about 12.00 and heading off into town with a couple of dozen of (ex) workmates for a beer or two! :D :beer:
I thought my last day would never arrive, its so hard to pretend to be interested in a job you've hated doing for so long when you know you're leaving! I'll miss all the workmates but not the job! ;)

Hi Phiza,

I am really jealous, finishing work and getting ready for the off!
We are at the stage where DIMIA have our application so we are waiting with everything crossed. We are also hoping to go to Perth, if we get there we will have to meet up and have a beer, I have already promised Walla the first round! :beer:

Good luck

Deba34

walla Aug 26th 2004 7:01 pm

Hey Phiza

Lucky you!! I finish next Friday the 3rd 12 noon then off for a few tinnies with ex work mates, after the usual you're leaving nibbles at the office!!

I've got to work this weekend, or so my boss thinks, on handover stuff. I'm working from home tomorrow so in other words will be on expats and doing the washing!!

Have a nice last day , feeling like a stalker here, coz I'm one step behind you all the way AND I'm coming to Perth 1 day after you :scared:

Have a good un

Walla

walla Aug 26th 2004 7:03 pm

And I haven't forgotten Deb :beer: !!!

Deb Aug 26th 2004 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by walla1
And I haven't forgotten Deb :beer: !!!

Cheers Walla,

Good luck and safe journey, let us know how you are getting on!

Deb :)

PHIZA Aug 26th 2004 9:40 pm

Many thanks for the good wishes everyone!

Hels - Thats soooo how I've felt in work for about the last 3 months I'm going to savour every last moment of it, cos as you say "It will never happen again!!" :D

Debs and Walla, I'd certainly like to join you in that beer when we all get over there, keep in touch and we'll get something organised. :beer:

chocaholic Aug 26th 2004 11:25 pm

Phiza - you must be feeling soooo good! Good luck & all the best in Perth :beer: