one moe baby!

Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:39 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Question one moe baby!

one more baby!

Has anybody had another or first child after reveiving their family's visa. we got our vivas in 2001 and have since had another baby. we now need to get little legs a visa and are looking to fill the forms in ourselves (used agent first time).
is it as difficult as the first visas or straight forward.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:45 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: one moe baby!

Originally Posted by louise4
one more baby!

Has anybody had another or first child after reveiving their family's visa. we got our vivas in 2001 and have since had another baby. we now need to get little legs a visa and are looking to fill the forms in ourselves (used agent first time).
is it as difficult as the first visas or straight forward.
Are your visas still valid or do you need to start from scratch again? I hope it is the former because then surely it would just be a case of contacting DIMIA and advising them about the birth of your child and submitting birth certificates etc as requested.

More detail, more answers, maybe.......?!

Binbird
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
I hope it is the former because then surely it would just be a case of contacting DIMIA and advising them about the birth of your child and submitting birth certificates etc as requested.
...and about £500 visa application fees

Child born outside of Oz to PR parents does not 'inherit' permanent residency status. The parents must sponsor the child for migration.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:49 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Are your visas still valid or do you need to start from scratch again? I hope it is the former because then surely it would just be a case of contacting DIMIA and advising them about the birth of your child and submitting birth certificates etc as requested.

More detail, more answers, maybe.......?!

Binbird
sorry to vague binbird, yes our visas are still current till november 2006, no probs there. it is just a case of getting baby her visa. when we phoned the agent who dealt with our visas he said that we would have to prove that she belonged to (just look at the pair of us, knackered) and then get medicals. this just threw me because she is only 12 months old. when my other children had their meds they hardly had anything done, just wondered what a baby would have to have looked at and what sort of hassel it was getting the visa.. where we used an agent first time this seems a bit daunting.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:52 pm
forever hopeful

sorry to vague binbird, yes our visas are still current till november 2006, no probs there. it is just a case of getting baby her visa. when we phoned the agent who dealt with our visas he said that we would have to prove that she belonged to (just look at the pair of us, knackered) and then get medicals. this just threw me because she is only 12 months old. when my other children had their meds they hardly had anything done, just wondered what a baby would have to have looked at and what sort of hassel it was getting the visa.. where we used an agent first time this seems a bit daunting.

OMG, how can that be, i think we only paid about £500 for a family of four.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:54 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

OK - so you'll have to pay (nothings free in this world!) and whilst a medical is necessary you only have to do a search on here to learn that such a youngster just gets a quick looking over. I am sure you would be able to cover all this on your own particularly with the experience of having been through it before albeit with an agent's help.

Good luck

Binbird
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:56 pm
forever hopeful

OK - so you'll have to pay (nothings free in this world!) and whilst a medical is necessary you only have to do a search on here to learn that such a youngster just gets a quick looking over. I am sure you would be able to cover all this on your own particularly with the experience of having been through it before albeit with an agent's help.

Good luck

Binbird
thanks binbird. the things we put ourselves through to live in oz
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, how can that be, i think we only paid about £500 for a family of four.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/990i_booklet2.htm

$1245 if lodged offshore; $1845 onshore. Then there are the medical fees. Not cheap. is it!

http://www.immi.gov.au/sponsor/family_permanent.htm
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am sure you would be able to cover all this on your own particularly with the experience of having been through it before albeit with an agent's help.

Good luck

Binbird
Yes, it's very straightforward - we have to do this process for our bub, who was born in UK after we moved back from Oz (as PRs )
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:03 pm
forever hopeful

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/990i_booklet2.htm

$1245 if lodged offshore; $1845 onshore. Then there are the medical fees. Not cheap. is it!

http://www.immi.gov.au/sponsor/family_permanent.htm
jeeeeeezus. how can they compare a family of four to one 12 month old baby.

did i read it right that we can apply either in uk or oz, is that what the onshore offshore thing meant?
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

jeeeeeezus. how can they compare a family of four to one 12 month old baby.

did i read it right that we can apply either in uk or oz, is that what the onshore offshore thing meant?
theoretically, yes. I don't know what the implications are of taking baby to Oz on a tourist visa then applying for PR onshore. JAJ is the best person to answer this.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:08 pm
forever hopeful

theoretically, yes. I don't know what the implications are of taking baby to Oz on a tourist visa then applying for PR onshore. JAJ is the best person to answer this.

thanks for your help hiddenpaw.

where are you based in oz? how have you found coping with a baby over there. when we went our children were 4 & 7 so they weren't really babies any longer.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks for your help hiddenpaw.

where are you based in oz? how have you found coping with a baby over there. when we went our children were 4 & 7 so they weren't really babies any longer.
Hi Louise
We came back to UK after 18 months in Melbourne to have baby as we didn't know how to cope with a baby over there on our own - LOL!

We are planning to go back in Nov 05. I am a bit daunted about taking baby away from her friends. She is only 12 months but has a great little social circle of 8 babies whom she sees two or three times a week. I hope I can find some toddler groups so that she doesn't miss out when we go back.

Where are you headed?
HP
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:39 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

when my other children had their meds they hardly had anything done, just wondered what a baby would have to have looked at and what sort of hassel it was getting the visa.. where we used an agent first time this seems a bit daunting.[/QUOTE]

My youngest had her medical at around 6 weeks. The examination was similar to the 6 week check. At 12 months I guess they can check hearing etc but I think it is mostly a formality and would only pick up any really obvious problem, which you would have noticed yourself. We did get a bit of a reduction in price, but not much!

Regards

Kirsty
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:51 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Doing that is not a good idea. Apply offshore - it does not take long at the AHC London.

As to the visa application fee - it's standard amount for all PR visas and doesn't get varied depending on whether your case is simple or complex.

People with PR status who don't want to do Dependent Child migration sponsorship should have the child born in Australia => child born *in* Australia with PR parents is automatically an Australian citizen.

A medical is required for Dependent Child because there are health criteria to be met. Although a health waiver is available, in some cases medical problems with the baby could cause its visa application to be refused.

Jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.