Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One of the long timers - but !

Wikiposts

One of the long timers - but !

Old Apr 12th 2004, 5:52 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: One of the long timers - but !

Originally posted by Sandra
The husbands family are over to visit, first time in two years, we went back last easter to get our 457 converted to PR and they are over this easter.

I thought it would all be over once we got here and they saw how settled and happy we are!!!

Bugggggger that, the sister in law and I, just had the conversation from hell, hubby gone to bed, and she asked me when I was going to stop pushing and let him come home!

I am so hurt, my husband got us our ticket to Aus, on his skills, I got us in early on a work transfer 457 because we needed it because of medical, daughters deafness, and because of my work tranfer they think we got to Aus.

My husband is the nicest guy you could meet, how do I tell him I am getting this shit from his sister and the rest of his family. He thinks they are all so lovely and is so proud to be showing them around where we live. I really need him to tell his family that this is where he wants to be, but he thinks by showing them they will know!

I have cried so much tonight (now), because of the hurtful things said (just to me of course), not in front of my hubby. And it will not do any good telling my husband cause he thinks his family are brilliant. So my anger and my tears are in this message on expats (yes possibly verrrry sad).

Thnaks for listening

sandxx

I wouldn't tell your husband about his sister, for many reasons. It could back fire on yourself in years to come. I make it a policy of mine not to interfere with hubbys family politics.

Just grit your teeth, try and be as nice as pie to the "cow". Give her no reason to slander you. Kill her with kindness - they really hate that! She want's an argument with you.. don't give it to her.. or she's won!.

And no I would not tell your husband.. stay out of family politics, do you want to be the reason for a split in his family? .. it can get heated.

I know it's hard, I was there "in that place" with my mother-in- law, and I told hubby - wish I hadn't, because he had the all mightiest rows with his mother about it ( ended not talking to his own mother for years)- said things to her he should have not said! .. I ended up feeling sorry for his mum, because the argument was over me - he chose me over his mother.. and boy did he hurt her with some of the words he called her

DO NOT GET INVOLVED! (with in-law politics)

The sister- in -law will soon be gone, don't hurt your hubby by telling him what his family are really like.(you'll feel like a bitch if hubby disowns his family)

Just my opinion, personal experience

Good luck