One Last Holiday?

One Last Holiday?

Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One Last Holiday?

From the UK...............

Opinions please.

We are planning the big move to be around May/June 07, however we were contemplating a week's holiday to Europe in the February 1/2 term.

I would just like to hear from anyone who did this so close to the move.

a) Was it worth it?
b) Should we save our money?

Obviously the coming months will be stressful and not sure when our next "holiday" would be.

I appreciate everyone is different but any comments/opinions would be great.

Thanks

Louise
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:08 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Last Holiday?

Originally Posted by louise

Opinions please.

We are planning the big move to be around May/June 07, however we were contemplating a week's holiday to Europe in the February 1/2 term.

a) Was it worth it?

Obviously the coming months will be stressful and not sure when our next "holiday" would be.

Thanks

Louise
I haven't actually done this, but it sounds like a good idea to me, if you can spare the money. You can relax as a family and enjoy some time together. As you say, you don't know how long it will take before you can do it again. Anyway, that's what I think

Good luck with your decision

Miranda
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi there, we have not done it yet but do plan to have a holiday before we go as my parents live in Turkey. If you can afford to go I would say go for it as you say stressing times ahead. If you do not manage to do this can you not save the money and have a week or two off on arrival in Oz to settle in? Best of luck with whatever you decide.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

jonjelly will become famous soon enoughjonjelly will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: One Last Holiday?

Hello.... Do it!!! i would do anything for a holiday right now!! although our last holiday was in october it feels like ages ago. we kept saying that we shouldnt go because we were saving but you only live once and it is such a stressful process that you could do with some time out!!! i know that it did us the world of good!!! Good Luck!!!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:05 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Opinions please.

a) Was it worth it?

Thanks

Louise
I'd say it was worth it!

One of the biggest things Im gonna miss about the UK, is it's close proximity to Europe! - I mean actually REALLY gonna miss!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:09 pm
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

Yes, definitely do it! We are going crazy booking weekends away in the UK as it is! So many places we didn't bother to see before, even right on our doorstep. There are some good 2-for-1 offers on Eurostar for quick getaways to various European cities if that's your thing. Have fun whatever you do
Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by JustBecause
Yes, definitely do it! We are going crazy booking weekends away in the UK as it is! So many places we didn't bother to see before, even right on our doorstep. There are some good 2-for-1 offers on Eurostar for quick getaways to various European cities if that's your thing. Have fun whatever you do
Kinda makes you realise all the good things doesnt it!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:48 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Opinions please.

a) Was it worth it?

Thanks

Louise
Louise we moved about the same time and took the opportunity to have a 2 week break in europe before leaving. It helped make up the time of waiting for the container too arrive.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:59 pm
Yes yes yes brissy bound!

The Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really nice

Yep! Definately do it!!
Me and hubby have just had a weekend on our own, prior to xmas NYC. I always said I wanted to go for our 10th weddin anniversary. It wont happen when we get over there as we are loosing all our babysitting network
We wanted to grab the time whilst we could!!!!
You only live once!!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Hereandnow is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes definately do it........we went to Italy as I'd never been there. We came back and a week later the packers came and we were off.
I will never forget the 2 weeks we spent seeing all those wonderful sights in venice, rome and florence. I definately miss europe and the hols we used to have. I live in Perth and I find myself wanting to nip over to melbourne (have son there) just to feel like I'm going on holiday. Only thing is its so expensive to fly here. Enjoy your holiday.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Opinions please.

a) Was it worth it?

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louisa

We moved over here from the Midlands on July 3rd 2004 but we spent the 2nd week of June down in Devon. We took the dogs and just completly chilled out for a week. The weather was glorious and it definatly helped us to get away from it all for a while and to recharge our batteries.

I thoroughly recommend it

Sharon
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:31 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

We holidayed in Europe before our year living with the queen of england. Still waiting for our invite for arvo tea though. Rude cow.

Lugging around the extra luggage gave us the shites.

I wouldn't do it again. I would base myself first, and spend the cash exploring my new country. Oz is a big country with alot more to do and see than boring old Europe. You can only see so many old buildings & art galleries before they all start to look the same. There is, how should I put it... a big "wank" factor in places like France too.

You're also close to asia here, where the people are friendlier than say, Germany or the like.

You will earn alloooooot more money in oz and it's cheaper living here, so you will have heaps of spare cash to holiday abroad atleast once a year. We like to visit europe in our winter, their summer holidays, and do asia around Spring-time.

The beer is cheaper in asia too. I had a session in Vietnam, knocked the froff off about 15 schewies and it only came to $5 AUD. Happy days. The waitress was a little hottie too and up for a bit of extra-curricular activity, the asian delight $2 sucky sucky was mentioned, I had the hand break with me, so that was a no no of course.

The world is on your doorstep here. You're very lucky to be blessed with this opportunity. Don't be too english and over analysis it.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:42 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough

If you can afford it... DO IT

I went on a girlie weekend to Spain.. and then we went skiing in Italy just before we left.

So glad we did

Take the chance while you can..

Karen
Old Jan 18th 2007, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Turkey the August before we came here. Really glad we did as it took our minds off the emmigration stuff and helped us recharge a bit.

I also had two weeks holidays when we got here Can recommend doing that as well, it gives you time to find your feet before all the stress
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by MD09
We holidayed in Europe before our year living with the queen of england. Still waiting for our invite for arvo tea though. Rude cow.

Lugging around the extra luggage gave us the shites.

I wouldn't do it again. I would base myself first, and spend the cash exploring my new country. Oz is a big country with alot more to do and see than boring old Europe. You can only see so many old buildings & art galleries before they all start to look the same. There is, how should I put it... a big "wank" factor in places like France too.

You're also close to asia here, where the people are friendlier than say, Germany or the like.

You will earn alloooooot more money in oz and it's cheaper living here, so you will have heaps of spare cash to holiday abroad atleast once a year. We like to visit europe in our winter, their summer holidays, and do asia around Spring-time.

The beer is cheaper in asia too. I had a session in Vietnam, knocked the froff off about 15 schewies and it only came to $5 AUD. Happy days. The waitress was a little hottie too and up for a bit of extra-curricular activity, the asian delight $2 sucky sucky was mentioned, I had the hand break with me, so that was a no no of course.

The world is on your doorstep here. You're very lucky to be blessed with this opportunity. Don't be too english and over analysis it.
You have got to be having a laugh mate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.