Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One for the ladies (bra's in Brisbane)

One for the ladies (bra's in Brisbane)

Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold
Default One for the ladies (bra's in Brisbane)

used to shop at Bravissimo in UK is there an equivalent here. Looking for a shop that sells large cups bras (apart from david jones and myers) and swimwear with cup sizes above 'D'or 'DD'. I know I can get mail order but looking for shop Ta
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: One for the ladies (bra's in Brisbane)

Had a look on google for you and found

http://www.biggirls.com.au/ (don't worry it's not a adult site!!)

Looks like there is online and a shop as well in Fortitude Valley. No idea how big Brisbane is and if it's near to you but there is a map on the site.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

thanks for that will check it out. obviously I didnt put in the right words on google ta
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Big girls do the same bra that i get from Bravissimo but its $95as oppossed to the 22 pound i pay from Bravissimo so its still worth me having 6 shipped over every so often.
good luck
donna
Old Mar 1st 2008, 1:09 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

While we are on the subject... how soes the Ozzie sizing work? What does 12D mean?
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
While we are on the subject... how soes the Ozzie sizing work? What does 12D mean?
Cup is the same, 12 is a 32 or a 34 .
donna
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:34 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TMRE
Had a look on google for you and found

http://www.biggirls.com.au/ (don't worry it's not a adult site!!)

Looks like there is online and a shop as well in Fortitude Valley. No idea how big Brisbane is and if it's near to you but there is a map on the site.
ok just went onto that website...WTF are the black contraptions...she looks like she has had an accident and is bandaged up lol
Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

mine would be looking for pennies on the pavement with those

I'm a 32/34 g over here christ knows how I'm going to go on over there

don't s'pose breastfeeding 3 children has helped!!!!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tillysmum
used to shop at Bravissimo in UK is there an equivalent here. Looking for a shop that sells large cups bras (apart from david jones and myers) and swimwear with cup sizes above 'D'or 'DD'. I know I can get mail order but looking for shop Ta
you can get bravissimo from mail order in australia too
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:10 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

There's a shop called All about Eve on Adelaide St in the CBD - they stock Australian and UK / US brands including swimwear in a good range of sizes. Buying imported products isn't cheap but sure beats getting depressed at the lack of choice in Myer etc. I'm never keen on buying bras online from the UK because I find every bra is just a bit different and I can never be sure until I try on LOADS which I like best (and fits the best).

http://www.allaboutevelingerie.com.au/

There's another shop in Brisbane CBD called Arianne I think that stocks bras for women who don't fit the 34C mould. I read about a new sports bra they've got in that doesn't have underwires but is incredibly supportive. Not that I do any sport

Last edited by chels; Mar 2nd 2008 at 7:39 am. Reason: Web link
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:15 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

These guys do large cup sizes http://www.intimo.com.au/. Not a shop but buy in your own home like Tupperware etc. There will be consultants in your area.

Lou
xx
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same problem being a 32E, I think someone could make a killing here with bras in D + sizes that don't look like something your granny would wear:

For DD-J:
http://www.storminadcup.com.au/index.php

Bras and things also does a larger size:
http://www.bnt.com.au/products/Fuller_Cups/browse/1
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

There's also Zodee which is a bit like Figleaves, in that it's a large site with plenty of range:

http://www.zodee.com.au/