Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One for the girls

One for the girls

Old Sep 29th 2004, 11:26 am
Just Joined

luverly is on a distinguished road
Default One for the girls

bit of an odd question but i guess thats what this board is for !

will i be able to get a prescription for the contraceptive pill Microgynon 30 in Oz, or is it under another name out there ? Also does anyone know whether or not it is free in Oz as it is over here or if there is a charge ?
I'll have a couple of packs with me but i just want to set my mind at ease.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Cara
Old Sep 29th 2004, 11:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One for the girls

Originally Posted by luverly

will i be able to get a prescription for the contraceptive pill Microgynon 30 in Oz, or is it under another name out there ? Also does anyone know whether or not it is free in Oz as it is over here or if there is a charge ?

Cara
Not that odd, in fact its a subject thats been discussed many times!
You have to pay for pills here, so stockpile if you can and bring 'em with you!
Lots of them aren't available here, or go by different names, but you might be in luck with yours.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181727
Old Sep 29th 2004, 11:32 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Cara
Looks like it is available, If you go to www.google.com.au and select it to search for australian pages pretty much any question can be answered.

As Polly said stockpile as they aren't free.

Cheers
Kala
Old Sep 29th 2004, 2:51 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Cara

Cara if you go to your GP before you go,they should be able to give you a 12mths supply? mines did anyway without even asking!
Donna.
Old Sep 29th 2004, 3:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Cara if you go to your GP before you go,they should be able to give you a 12mths supply? mines did anyway without even asking!
Donna.
if they won't, then do what I did - local family planning clinic and tell them you're on a 12 month working holiday visa - they don't know the rules, they won't know whether you are or not (I'm far too old for one!) - tell them you've checked with Australia and you can't get your pill here; unless you have blood pressure problems or anything and they need to moniter you, they should cough up the pills. As my Bloke was here anyway I arrived with 18 months worth....hmmm, must check the date we need to go back to the Uk for a quick visit!