Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One for the girlies - Oz blokes vs. Brit blokes

One for the girlies - Oz blokes vs. Brit blokes

Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:23 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default One for the girlies - Oz blokes vs. Brit blokes

Alright - I wanna know something.
Being a single girlie on the brink of moving to Oz, what am I letting myself in for? From all you girls already out there (single or not - doesnt matter - your opinions count), how do Aussie blokes compare to English blokes? Or is there no difference - just the accent? I know you get good and bad wherever you go blah blah blah - but just some general comments.

Ladies - I hand this thread over to you....

W.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:26 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

A combination of the 2 is your best bet.

A Brit who is moving to, or has moved to, Oz!! Best of both worlds and we're all Studleys!!!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:30 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

I may be mistaken, but I get the distinct impression you're a bloke, and I asked for female opinions. Of course you think you're a stud - dont all blokes? (regardless of nationality)
LOL!!

W.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:33 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by loose

A Brit who is moving to, or has moved to, Oz!! Best of both worlds and we're all Studleys!!!

lol worth a try mate!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:33 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by loose

thought u was referring to a menage a trois oops
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:34 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

may I refer you to the song by chris franklin "bloke"

It may tell you about he ozzie (identical to a brit)

Lyrics follow, mp3 if you want it, email me yer addy

The song is done as a parody to merideth brooks tune "bitch"

Bloke - Chris Franklin

I hate the new age guys
I'm a chauvinist
I live on beer and pies
Tried to tell you,
But you look at me,
like maybe I'm an angel underneath
Haven't brushed me teeth.

Yesterday I lied
But all me mates
gave me a real good alibi
Thanks guys
I really went out drinking,
I told you I was at work
Don't ask me for commitment,
'Cause it's something I will shirk

I'm a bloke,
I'm an ocker
And I really love your knockers
I'm a labourer by day,
I piss up all me pay
Watching footy on TV
Just feed me more VB
Just pour my beer,
And get my smokes,
And go away

Or take me as I am
This may mean you'll
have to fetch another can
Rest assured,
That if I start to make you breakfast
I'm going to extremes
but tomorrow I'll get shitfaced,
and today won't mean a thing

I'm a bloke
I'm a yobbo,
and me best mate's name is Robbo
Winfield is me cigarrete
I dress in flanellette
Shearer's singlet that is blue
Throw in a few tattoos,
You know you wouldn't
Want me any other way

When you think
You've got me figured out
The season's already changing

I think it's cool
When I act like a tool
And my mates try to shave me

I'm a bloke,
I'm an ocker
I'm a labourer by day,
I piss up all me pay
Watching footy on TV
Just feed me more VB
Just pour my beer,
And get my smokes,
And go away

I'm a bloke
I'm a yobbo,
Winfield is me cigarrete
I dress in flanellette
Throw in a few tattoos,
You know you wouldn't
Want me any other way
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:37 am
Re mem mem member

D'oh - Rumbled and humbled!!!

ThoughI must say Wonderlust, you could a lot worse than myself and Scutter. Fine specimens that we are!! (I'm full of cr*p sometimes soz)

I'll leave this thread to you girls now - but be assured us blokes will be watching from the wings!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:39 am
Re mem mem member

"thought u was referring to a menage a trois oops"

LOL Timber
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Luke, thanks for that - I heard the song a couple of times but never managed to get all the words!

Wanderlust, Aussie Blokes are much better than Brit ones, and they are more caring, and they buy you lots of beer and teddy bears, and they treat you really well......and in case you hadn't guessed there is one reading over my shoulder
Having said that, I wouldn't EVER swap him for any of the Brit blokes I've been out with......he's just cute
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:45 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
may I refer you to the song by chris franklin "bloke"

It may tell you about he ozzie (identical to a brit)

Lyrics follow, mp3 if you want it, email me yer addy

The song is done as a parody to merideth brooks tune "bitch"

Bloke - Chris Franklin

I hate the new age guys
I'm a chauvinist
I live on beer and pies
Tried to tell you,
But you look at me,
like maybe I'm an angel underneath
Haven't brushed me teeth.

Yesterday I lied
But all me mates
gave me a real good alibi
Thanks guys
I really went out drinking,
I told you I was at work
Don't ask me for commitment,
'Cause it's something I will shirk

I'm a bloke,
I'm an ocker
I'm a labourer by day,
I piss up all me pay
Watching footy on TV
Just feed me more VB
Just pour my beer,
And get my smokes,
And go away

Or take me as I am
This may mean you'll
have to fetch another can
Rest assured,
That if I start to make you breakfast
I'm going to extremes
but tomorrow I'll get shitfaced,
and today won't mean a thing

I'm a bloke
I'm a yobbo,
Winfield is me cigarrete
I dress in flanellette
Throw in a few tattoos,
You know you wouldn't
Want me any other way

When you think
You've got me figured out
The season's already changing

I think it's cool
When I act like a tool
And my mates try to shave me

I'm a bloke,
I'm an ocker
I'm a labourer by day,
I piss up all me pay
Watching footy on TV
Just feed me more VB
Just pour my beer,
And get my smokes,
And go away

I'm a bloke
I'm a yobbo,
Winfield is me cigarrete
I dress in flanellette
Throw in a few tattoos,
You know you wouldn't
Want me any other way
reminds me of a song BUT ITS really rude by Kevin wilson
Attached Files
File Type: wav
kev-firstdates.wav (931.7 KB, 59 views)
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:48 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Luke, thanks for that - I heard the song a couple of times but never managed to get all the words!

Wanderlust, Aussie Blokes are much better than Brit ones, and they are more caring, and they buy you lots of beer and teddy bears, and they treat you really well......and in case you hadn't guessed there is one reading over my shoulder
Having said that, I wouldn't EVER swap him for any of the Brit blokes I've been out with......he's just cute
awwwwwwwwwwwww aint that so cute and quaint

why isnt there an emote for kaiser stuhl cask wine, or is it the angry one ?
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:56 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Polly, I wouldnt swap my pommy git for all the beer,teddy bears or money in the world or all the tea in china. Hes an absolute doll & gorgeous to boot & Im the luckiest woman in the world .

And no, he's NOT looking over my shoulder
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:01 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Pollyana - I'd pick an Aussie bloke every time

Hard to say why...more easy-going and laid back. Mine is happy to show his feelings. They often prefer rugby to football, so none of that soccer rubbish (personally can't stand it). Mine is also a bush boy so none of that latest-mobile-shiny-shirts-gel-in-hair mentality (I know, stereotyping away there, but there we go). Often outdoorsy types which makes them fit, well toned and bronzed (or bruised and bashed in the case of rugby-playing Mr Bundy). You usually know where you stand with an aussie bloke.

I'd never swap mine either.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:08 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Im the luckiest woman in the world .

I may wish to contend for that position, Mrs. DB, we are on the first day of our second year of marriage. Yes he did survive the first year but only just,

I fell in love with a Brit and he is adorable (just made me a kiss out of a lolly pop stick) however I wasn't offered a lollypop

He has created a lovely mobile home, a bush shower and a screen for the 'bucket'. What more could I ask for?

Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, know what you mean Bundy, there are some "country boy" traits about my Bloke that really irritate me (aren't there, Mrs D! Just don't serve beetroot on Saturday!!) - but he is far more laid back and sort of "natural", no pretensions and hair gel and hours spent in the bathroom, and I think you're right about the feelings - don't know why but theyjust seem to show them more than "city types". Horrible stereotyping, but I think people know what I mean.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.