Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

which one first?

which one first?

Old Feb 19th 2003, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

MichelleW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which one first?

I have asked a few questions already but I have not introduced myself! I am Michelle and my husband is Mark. I qualify as a nurse end of next month and Mark is a bricklayer, we have three children ages 12,9 and 8. We really want to go to Melbourne and are going for a visit in August (booked it yesterday!).
Can anyone help with the following question, I would be really grateful.
If we want to apply for state nomination in victoria do we have to get our skills assessed first? or do we just send a CV to vic gov and get assessment done if they accept us? and then send of the pr application? We are very new to this and want to get it right!!
Thanks. Michelle and Mark.
Old Feb 19th 2003, 5:32 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

We are going in August as well but to Perth, who have you booked with, and were they quite cheap, not sure whether to wait till nearer the time. But have a baby to consider.
Old Feb 19th 2003, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

hi

welcome to the show..

you won't get stni but your husband might
but you should contact them asap with your aims reagrding living in melbourne
try their contact details..

For information about living and working in Victoria:

http://www.migration.vic.gov.au

Skilled Migration Unit
Level 27, Nauru House, 80 Collins Street
MELBOURNE VICTORIA 3000
Tel: 61 3 9655 6129
Fax: 61 3 9655 3355
Email: [email protected]

they will hold your hand **before the skills assesment..i guess they must read your c.v and take it from there...

mind you the speed it's going you may not have to come back!!!

cheers

richard

pity bloody adelaide won't do this as it's added nearly 4 months to my application..
:-(
Old Feb 19th 2003, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

we have booked through trailfinders for flights - emirates - and done the accommodation ourselves. Its not cheap when you have to pay three adults (my eldest - 12 - is apparently an adult! wish he would act like one!) plus two childrens prices.
I am going to contact vic gov and see what happens. thanks. Michelle and Mark.
Old Feb 19th 2003, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

hi michelle, can i ask how much your flights cost, we to have young adults, that look and act like children, 4 of them. we plan to go to oz in may. thanks
Old Feb 19th 2003, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by andie
hi michelle, can i ask how much your flights cost, we to have young adults, that look and act like children, 4 of them. we plan to go to oz in may. thanks

Don't know if this helps, just booked flights to Perth for April for 4, 3 adults (one 12) 1 child, with Travelmood. Flying Malaysian £2723. big gulp!
Old Feb 20th 2003, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Ianrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really niceIanrpm is just really nice

Originally posted by andie

Hi Andie,

We booked our flights with Malaysian airlines, going to Adelaide on 28th June.2 Adults, 1 child. Cost was £1672.00 from Heathrow and includes out eta's.

Cheers Iain
Old Feb 20th 2003, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Hi all. Have just sent Marks CV to vic gov, fingers crossed. Our flights ended up costing £3,000, it seemed dearer in August to go but thats only time we can manage it, oh well. Does anyone know how cold it will be in Melbourne in Aug ie coats etc Thanks Michelle.