British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   One down, three to go (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/one-down-three-go-316325/)

coxfamuk Jul 27th 2005 9:41 am

One down, three to go

We have just heard from our agent in Adelaide that the ICAA (accountant assessing body) have just accepted hubbys accountant qualifications, meaning we can now lodge our application with the DIMIA.

We have known that the assessment was completed for a week but didn't know the outcome til now so we are really relieved.

Now all we have to do is get the PR visa and sell our house (my bet is that we get the visa before we sell our house :rolleyes: )

Hang in there everyone, it will come eventually.

Sarah

Jonahs_mummy Jul 27th 2005 9:43 am

Re: One down, three to go

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
We have just heard from our agent in Adelaide that the ICAA (accountant assessing body) have just accepted hubbys accountant qualifications, meaning we can now lodge our application with the DIMIA.

We have known that the assessment was completed for a week but didn't know the outcome til now so we are really relieved.

Now all we have to do is get the PR visa and sell our house (my bet is that we get the visa before we sell our house :rolleyes: )

Sarah

Well done guys!
One step closer!
Claire
x

nik Jul 27th 2005 9:46 am

Well done -you must be very relieved. What accountancy body is your hub? I am ICAEW qualified so wondered if it is easy enough to get the qualification accepted.

We are hoping to go to Melbourne next year - my husband is waiting the outcome of a potential job prospect which has now been delayed until Sept so we don't really know what will happen. We have NZ passports so don't need to apply for PR until we get to Oz (so I believe) but are playing the waiting game on the job front.

One day you are up and the next day down in this game!! I am glad it seems to be going well for you!!

Nik :)

charlie brown Jul 27th 2005 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Well done guys!
One step closer!
Claire
x

wonderd what all that noise up the road was all about , best of luck with the rest of the app , cb :D

Perthforme Jul 27th 2005 9:52 am

Sarah

Thats great news ! :D

Latona Jul 27th 2005 10:07 am

[hi and congratulations you both must be chuffed to bits, good luck in the rest of your journey.

Denise, peter and family :D

coxfamuk Jul 27th 2005 10:20 am

Thanks for all your replies guys. I am still in my pj's because with the news has come a renewed interest in houses, schools, jobs, etc. so haven't ventured off the pc since 8am this morning - got eldest daughter to make brekkie (like my oz?). How sad am I :D

Dave is a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA). We grew up and were educated in SA, and the ICAA have a reciprocal agreement with them. I think they have a reciprocal agreement with most bodies here in the UK and I have heard of one assessment being passed in 18 days!!

Good luck to everyone and thanks very much again!

Off to get a shower and pay some attention to my (now unruly and wild) children!

Sarah

worzel Jul 27th 2005 10:20 am

Sarah

Congratulations!! Enjoy your celebrations tonight

steandleigh Jul 27th 2005 10:36 am

Good news Sarah - hold on tight, the rollercoasters about to start!!!! :) ;)

haggis supper Jul 27th 2005 10:54 am

Thanks for all your replies guys. I am still in my pj's because with the news has come a renewed interest in houses, schools, jobs, etc. so haven't ventured off the pc since 8am this morning - got eldest daughter to make brekkie (like my oz?). How sad am I :D

Dave is a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA). We grew up and were educated in SA, and the ICAA have a reciprocal agreement with them. I think they have a reciprocal agreement with most bodies here in the UK and I have heard of one assessment being passed in 18 days!!

Good luck to everyone and thanks very much again!

Off to get a shower and pay some attention to my (now unruly and wild) children!

Sarah

Sarah - congratulations, another step closer.

I know how you feel at the moment, I get up with the kids at 7.15am every morning and head down to breakfast where I promptly leave them and log on and rarely get off the PC until lunch time - looking awful and trying to find my also neglected children. I was due to take my 5 year old to a friends at 9am this morning but she told me "Mummy can take me Daddy as you need to spend all day on the PC". Very astute but think it's time to play with the kids again !

coxfamuk Jul 27th 2005 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Sarah - congratulations, another step closer.

I know how you feel at the moment, I get up with the kids at 7.15am every morning and head down to breakfast where I promptly leave them and log on and rarely get off the PC until lunch time - looking awful and trying to find my also neglected children. I was due to take my 5 year old to a friends at 9am this morning but she told me "Mummy can take me Daddy as you need to spend all day on the PC". Very astute but think it's time to play with the kids again !

Do you know my husband actually phones me from work and he has figured out that if I answer the phone quickly it means I am in the study on the PC, so now I let it ring a couple of times to give the illusion of performing the normal housewifely duties ;). Then, at around 4pm, about I run around like a mad thing getting the house tidied and dinner on the go and as he breezes in, I look as least haggard as I possibly can trying to act all cool. 'Me, all day, on BE, no way!', I say, 'I've been running a tight ship I tell you!'. Do you think he knows? :rolleyes:

tracey.d Jul 27th 2005 4:21 pm

congratulations and good luck with the rest of the journey :beer:

Tracey

haggis supper Jul 27th 2005 4:25 pm

Do you know my husband actually phones me from work and he has figured out that if I answer the phone quickly it means I am in the study on the PC, so now I let it ring a couple of times to give the illusion of performing the normal housewifely duties ;). Then, at around 4pm, about I run around like a mad thing getting the house tidied and dinner on the go and as he breezes in, I look as least haggard as I possibly can trying to act all cool. 'Me, all day, on BE, no way!', I say, 'I've been running a tight ship I tell you!'. Do you think he knows? :rolleyes:

I don't know how you are doing all of this on your own and with your husband at work ?! I finished work (on 3 month garden leave !!) on June 1st and have been doing this full time at home. Very very very bored of it though and one day you get good news the next day bad - e.g. shipping will be an extra £3,000 please !

I'm sure it'll be worth it ! :eek:

nik Jul 27th 2005 5:57 pm

No!!! As long as he doesn't log on and see what you've been posting all day! I am currently sat in my study pretending to work whilst my hub is doing bedtime duty with the kids!! I don't think he knows either!!! HeeHee!!!

Juliecabs Jul 27th 2005 7:59 pm

Congratulations! :)
Julie