Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

One for the carpenter/joiners

Wikiposts

One for the carpenter/joiners

Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:27 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: One for the carpenter/joiners

Originally posted by mr mover
just get your shipper to do an air freight "keep forward" shipment to their agents in oz ,they will be held in bond, untill you arrive ,get them quickly cleared by AQUIS, and we hand them over when your ready. WE do this all the time ,also for computers and office gear, cots and baby needs , riding equipment for show jumpers etc , racing push bikes ,diving gear , wind surfers the list goes on........and it is not a problem for reputable removalists...... MM
Sounds great, but at what cost?
Old Aug 12th 2003, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Chippy us to well we get to Brisbane on the 26.02.03,
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:33 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi Mel,

Thanks, it's ok hubby can add them to the shipping later, we couldn't fit all his on the plane, like a generator and a mitre saw. We use double the allowance on his tools alone.

So not long now for you ? Are you excited ?
Hi

just under 7 weeks to go. I am getting a bit nervous. I think we have sold the house (we have accepted an offer anyway) so I'm just praying that it all goes to plan. At least that's one thing I can score off the list!

I hope you sell your house soon. Nightmare, isn't it?

Mel
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:36 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chippy
Sounds great, but at what cost?
chippy thats up to you to negotiate with your shipper, but if you want to get on the job. ? what price do you put on your own tools .? and we have plenty of people who are doing this........ MM
Old Aug 13th 2003, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

delia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby is undecided whether he should ship his tools early ? And be without over here as they will go into storage or keep and buy new other there ?

Chippies what do you think ?

Carrianne
Hi Carrianne

My partner is a joiner and we were worried about the same thing. We are storing our effects over here with the removal company (Robinsons) for two weeks. They have said that he can take his tools to the depot the day before they are shipped and they will also steam clean them for him. Some of his small hand tools are going over in luggage and the bigger stuff, ie. chopsaws, big drills, 11foot trailer he will have to do without till arrival in Fremantle. Luckily we have friends in Perth who are joiners so anything he might need he could always borrow until his stuff arrives.

Delia
Old Aug 14th 2003, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Chippy us to well we get to Brisbane on the 26.02.03,
We are hoping to go to Brisbane too, hubby is waiting for TRA skills assessment to come back! reason for my reply to this post:

let us know if you need a plasterer when you get out there!!!
best regards
rach
Old Aug 14th 2003, 5:19 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by nosuchluck
We are hoping to go to Brisbane too, hubby is waiting for TRA skills assessment to come back! reason for my reply to this post:

let us know if you need a plasterer when you get out there!!!
best regards
rach
Good luck. Tell him to get into dry lining, that's the thing out there.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by chippy
Good luck. Tell him to get into dry lining, that's the thing out there.
Hi Chippy
thanks for your reply, he can already 'dot & dab' but prefers to do outside render (especially on the sea front- watching all the girls go by)!
Old Aug 14th 2003, 8:36 am

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

i was over there 2 weeks ago and from what i gather tool cost the same in dollars as we pay in £ i am a brickie and priced up brick work kit

kev
Old Aug 14th 2003, 8:39 am

also there is loads of work for chippies and brickies loads of new houses just go on site and you will get a job

kev
Old Aug 14th 2003, 9:43 am
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by kevwalt
i was over there 2 weeks ago and from what i gather tool cost the same in dollars as we pay in £ i am a brickie and priced up brick work kit

kev
Yes, but all you need is a bucket, a hammer, a trowel, and a level without a bubble in it. Cost about ten quid.

Now....chippies...they need proper tools.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 11:02 am

hoooooooooooooooooooo hand bags at 20 yard just trying to help

kev
Old Aug 14th 2003, 6:02 pm
I'm lovin' it

hoooooooooooooooooooo hand bags at 20 yard just trying to help

kev
Only joking mate.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 11:16 pm

i know u are only joking you would have to be, because you will need a brickie when you get to oz .

i was pricing mixers ,drills ect and they are quite cheap in comparison to the uk

kev the brickie

ps a level what one of them?
Old Aug 15th 2003, 1:10 am
I'm lovin' it

i know u are only joking you would have to be, because you will need a brickie when you get to oz .

i was pricing mixers ,drills ect and they are quite cheap in comparison to the uk

kev the brickie

ps a level what one of them?
Forget the level thing mate, it'll be rocket-science to you anyway.

Just got in from site, been trying to get over the crap that one of your lot put up. Honestly, they call themselves brickies, they have'nt got a f**cking clue. I hope you are one of the old school mate, because the crap they are churning out these days beggars belief.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.