Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

once a visa has been granted

once a visa has been granted

Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:24 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Talking once a visa has been granted

Hi

Once a residency visa has been granted on a skilled ind migration, how long do you have to arrive into the country, as I was maybe planning on visiting some other places on the way??

laura
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of
Default Re: once a visa has been granted

Originally posted by lauralollipop
Hi

Once a residency visa has been granted on a skilled ind migration, how long do you have to arrive into the country, as I was maybe planning on visiting some other places on the way??

laura
Your entry date will be 12 months from your police check.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:28 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mummy

thats cool, thanks for that, so will the police check be that last thing to come through then?

i'm so excited!!!:scared:
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:29 pm

PS your baby is a cutie!!

laura
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

PS your baby is a cutie!!

laura

Thanks!

His name is Laurence - we call him Laurie and often Lauriepop! He is 4.5 months old now - in the avatar he was a few days old!
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

thats cool, thanks for that, so will the police check be that last thing to come through then?

i'm so excited!!!:scared:
Your police check will be requested at the same time as the medicals - the last thing apart from a bond if you are paying one.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:40 pm

Thanks!

His name is Laurence - we call him Laurie and often Lauriepop! He is 4.5 months old now - in the avatar he was a few days old!

Aw bless, congrats on going to Auz, bet you cant wait till June, where will you be living?
I have family in Perth, but I dont care where I live, I'll be just glad too get there, I thought that I was the ONLY person who was obsessed with Auz, but now I have seen this web site, I feel like I am not alone.....

laura
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aw bless, congrats on going to Auz, bet you cant wait till June, where will you be living?
I have family in Perth, but I dont care where I live, I'll be just glad too get there, I thought that I was the ONLY person who was obsessed with Auz, but now I have seen this web site, I feel like I am not alone.....

laura

Nope, June can't come fast enough! Going to try Sydney first - have friends there that will make it easier with the babbie.

There are many of us who are obsessed with Australia here - just hope it all works out! Be warned, this forum is addictive!
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:53 pm

Yes, i only discovered it last night, by accident, I am supposed to be studying at the moment but couldnt resist a quick peek....

I feel like I wanna ask everyone where and when they are going and all about their applications etc....

My partner has an interview on Friday with a company who are willing to sponser him, they said that I will be able to come on his visa, its for 4 years. It sounds promising, just waiting for a date when he can start, but I need to finish my year at uni before we can go so hopefully it will be ok. Failing that we are just gonna apply on skilled migration as he is an engineer geologist, and by Dec will will have enought points to apply (he needed 2 years work exp).......just have no patience wanna go there now!!!!:scared:

how do i add my details on the bit where laurence is??? I couldnt do it last night?

laura
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:58 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

or 12 months from ure medicals if they are done before your police checks come through........

but you must also be made aware of....... if there is a problem medically and you have to do an undertaking......ure talkin 6 months...

love boomie
xx
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:00 pm

Originally posted by Boomie
or 12 months from ure medicals if they are done before your police checks come through........

but you must also be made aware of....... if there is a problem medically and you have to do an undertaking......ure talkin 6 months...

love boomie
xx

thanks so did your med come 1st or the police checks??
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

how do i add my details on the bit where laurence is??? I couldnt do it last night?

laura
You go to the My Forum tab at the top of the page, then Edit Options, the Avatar is at the bottom of the page.

What are you studying?
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:07 pm

You go to the My Forum tab at the top of the page, then Edit Options, the Avatar is at the bottom of the page.

What are you studying?

thanks mummy, I have added abit on there, i'll have to put a photo on there too!

I am studying towards a joint degree in learning disability nursing and Social work, I am only in my first year, and I probley wont be able to finish the course here, but i think that i will be able to carry accross my credits and continue study in Auz......

do you work or are you a full time mummy?
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:07 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

thanks so did your med come 1st or the police checks??

my police checks..... we did em unrequested.....but our request for meds/police checks came throught whilst waiting....

only a couple ov weeks between the two......

love boomie
xx
Old Mar 17th 2004, 3:13 pm

Originally posted by Boomie
my police checks..... we did em unrequested.....but our request for meds/police checks came throught whilst waiting....

only a couple ov weeks between the two......

love boomie
xx

well good luck to you, where do you plan to live then? Did you do a skilled migration visa? I cant do anything till friday, when i can have a better idea of "THE REST OF MY LIFE". I feell like my whole life is on hold, everything i do revolves around, "will I be in auz then, or going to Auz etc" Ideally I would like to go at end of this year, but travel on the way to see a few places, coz i'll be skint after I get there!!! ha,ha!!!

I am begining to relise that this may not be possible as if we go on the companys sponsorship we will have to goo straight away and staright there, if we go on skilled migration, I think we will have a long wait........coz we cant apply till Dec...coz of 5 lowzey points

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.