Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Once dog is in Australia

Once dog is in Australia

Old Oct 1st 2016, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Belle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Once dog is in Australia

Ok, we've jumped through all the hoops and I've my dog out of quarantine and actually with me now! Hooray!!
So now I have to register my dog. The web site is awful and really unhelpful.
If any one has any experience in this, will I have to get a new microchip for her? I want to know as much as possible before going to the vets to empty my purse.... again.
Of course they will want to re chip her... why say no to money eh!?

Any info will be much appreciated!

Oh, I went to the pet shop called Best Friends who do a package for Vet services called Our Vet. Total annual fee of $460 which included micro chip, unlimited vet consultations, vaccines, nail clips, 10% off other services, dental scale once a year and weight management consultations. 20% off pet shop supplies. Full body exam twice a year.

Anyone have this package?

Thanks again!

Belle
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Once dog is in Australia

You shouldn't have to get your pet re-chipped if you have the paperwork for the current one. The vet scanner should pick it up. If you're unsure about registering just give your local council a quick ring - they are normally very friendly and informative

You get 10% off all food etc at Best Friends by just signing up with them (no charge) - plus they have 'special discount' weekends when everything is 20% off and I tend to stock up then.

If you want to take out pet insurance you will need to compare companies and their policies. Woolworths seems to be popular among pet owners here.

Glad your dog is back in the family
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Belle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond reputeBelle121 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jilliebee;12066392]You shouldn't have to get your pet re-chipped if you have the paperwork for the current one. The vet scanner should pick it up. If you're unsure about registering just give your local council a quick ring - they are normally very friendly and informative

You get 10% off all food etc at Best Friends by just signing up with them (no charge) - plus they have 'special discount' weekends when everything is 20% off and I tend to stock up then.

If you want to take out pet insurance you will need to compare companies and their policies. Woolworths seems to be popular among pet owners here.

Glad your dog is back in the family [/QUOT

Hi Jilliebee,

Thank you for that,

I've got her paperwork for chip and a document to prove she's desexed.
I'll take this along to the Pound to see what they think as they are close by.

Can I ask what tick/flee/wormer you use?

Thanks!

Belle
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Belle121

Can I ask what tick/flee/wormer you use?

We use Revolution.