Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Once and for all.....

Once and for all.....

Old Aug 24th 2004, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Once and for all.....

When you get to Australia....and you spend your hard earned cash on buying a car, you pay the rego which contains Compulsory Third Party insurance(CTP), you will still need to buy either Third Party Property insurance or comprehensive insurance.

I dont see this as optional, as has been stated here quite a few times recently. To be honest, I find this highly irresponsible.

As a future driver on Oz roads, if any of the Expats from this site, on Victorians roads run up my butt and havent got either of the above "optional" insurances, I will go them for the full cost of either repairing my car or replacing it!! And it will come out of your own pockets. The CTP does not cover my car if you are at fault in an accident!

I am trying to make this clear because not only have I seen it said on this site, but also people offline have misunderstood what CTP is and what it covers.

I may have simplified it a little and I know the cover is a little more complex, however, the bottom line is do you want to arrive in Oz, get on the road, possibly unluckily have an accident and all the money you had hoped to put into your new beachside palace go to paying off the other persons car repairs?? I dont think so....

Ok, done now....I just had to get this off my chest as I have previously been involved in an accident in Australia with an uninsured driver and I had my car written off and never got a cent for it as I too only had Third Party property...But at least if it were my fault, I would have lost my car but the person who I would have hit wouldnt have lost theirs....

Ok...am rambling now....will get off the proverbiale soapbox...

Hels
Old Aug 24th 2004, 11:01 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Default Re: Once and for all.....

The wink should really be AFTER the attached image!

Attached Images  
Old Aug 24th 2004, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ProofReader
The wink should really be AFTER the attached image!

~LOL~ Yeah Yeah Yeah....you think thats a rant, you should ask my hubby about when I really rant!!

Old Aug 24th 2004, 11:30 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hels
~LOL~ Yeah Yeah Yeah....you think thats a rant, you should ask my hubby about when I really rant!!

Hell's Belles! :scared:
Old Aug 24th 2004, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ProofReader
Hell's Belles! :scared:
or my Hubby says its more like Hel'n back