Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG What have we done???

OMG What have we done???

Old Jan 15th 2005, 10:52 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice
Default Re: OMG What have we done???

If its any help my brother, his wife and two kids came back after 4 months, spent Xmas at home and then had to spend another year here so they could save up enough to go back to Oz. They are now nearing their two years of beingout there and have now bought a house.

My Dad went over in 1974 and has been there ever since (and has no intention of coming back - except for a holiday). He say's you have to give it at least two years before you make the decision to return back to the UK (don't call it home as home is where ever you make it!).

Hope this helps.

Tony
Old Jan 17th 2005, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Tracy2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OMG What have we done???

Hiya... or should I be saying Gidday now!!! My husband and I and two daughters aged 9 and 6 haved lived here in Brisbane now for 10 months, originally from West Yorkshire. We had a bad start here, we lived with my brother and his wife for 8 weeks!!!!! which didn't work out how I had hoped!!! I have had both good and bad days since being here but as time is going on, I am now having more good days!! I do still have bad days!! I just have to keep reminding myself of why I left England in the first place!! its so easy to remember all the good stuff! I have spoke to a few english people who have been here for a couple of years now.. and they said after the first year you think to yourself, have I done the right thing...then after the second year, you will know by then! so just give it time... thats what we are trying to do...! Keep posting so let us know how your going on.. and you have a good moan girl.. if u want to...!!! I might join ya sometime!!!! Tracy