Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG! We are going to Melbourne now!

OMG! We are going to Melbourne now!

Old Nov 28th 2004, 9:59 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default OMG! We are going to Melbourne now!

hi

jc has just called the company and its defo Melbourne where he will be based, the reason for this is that the Sydney office have recruited internally only, so think he did well to get it as they only needed half the people than they did intitally.....

So guys here we go again, this time to Melbourne......
she said we should recieve a formal offer of employment and tranfer agreement by Wednesday, so fingers x'd its a good one!

So i will have to ring back Golden Arrow and get another qoute for montu, by the way, the qoute for he to go to Sydney was £1750 all in, that was for a box 29" high and cant remeber how long just incase anyone wants a rough idea.....

wonder if it will be more or less for melbourne?

thanks for all of the advice on melbourne, keep it comming

laura
xxxx
Old Nov 28th 2004, 10:07 pm
Cheeky

Default Re: OMG! We are going to Melbourne now!

OMG Laura and jc (and Montu)

Aw you guys!!! Well you are def going and that is the main thing. You are so lucky! I will be looking out on Weds for your update so let us know.
I dont think the transport costs for Montu will that be much different but it is wise to inform golden arrow.

Good luck you guys, love and hugs to you both!

Cheeky
xx

Old Nov 29th 2004, 2:51 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

So what company is it Laura? Are they based in CBD ??
Old Nov 29th 2004, 4:47 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
So what company is it Laura? Are they based in CBD ??

hello

based on southbank boulevard and its urs engineering, have you heard of them? hope they are good......

just sold my xmas tree and decs today so we wont be putting up a tree this year now.......

OMG.OMG!!!!

Dolly D, we can be neighbours LOL

laura
xxx
Old Nov 29th 2004, 5:54 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hello

based on southbank boulevard and its urs engineering, have you heard of them? hope they are good......

just sold my xmas tree and decs today so we wont be putting up a tree this year now.......

OMG.OMG!!!!

laura
xxx

Don't know the company but nice area to work, down by the river.
Easy to get to as well by either car or train.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 6:46 pm
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

hi

jc has just called the company and its defo Melbourne where he will be based, the reason for this is that the Sydney office have recruited internally only, so think he did well to get it as they only needed half the people than they did intitally.....

she said we should recieve a formal offer of employment and tranfer agreement by Wednesday, so fingers x'd its a good one!

So i will have to ring back Golden Arrow and get another qoute for montu, by the way, the qoute for he to go to Sydney was £1750 all in, that was for a box 29" high and cant remeber how long just incase anyone wants a rough idea.....

laura
xxxx
OMG Laura and JC, you must be so excited. Definately be needing a or two. Congratulations!
When have you got to be there?
Shame about the xmas tree
take care
Jo
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:12 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell Laura, there's no shortage of excitement in your house is there?
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:16 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

hi

laura
xxxx
Laura!

Well done - another recruit for the Melbourne Women's Drinking club !

Some of us here have been talking about having an Expats' picnic sometime in January - will you be over here by then...?

Look forward to meeting you, anyway!

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:38 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

hello

OMG.OMG!!!!

laura
xxx
Laura,

Just seen your post!!!

YEE-HA

OMG! That's fantastic news - hope you aren't too disappointed - Milly and Montu are going to be best of friends!!

Have PM'd you!

D D
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:03 pm

yes its all go in this house, so far we have been going to every bloody place in Aus,hopefully this is it now LOL

i will defo be in the womens drinking club and should be there late jan to early feb, i will let you know when i get the dates,im soo excited and i just cant hide it

i have just been and bought 2 more books on melbourne and and takingthem tobed now to read and get excited about our new life

laura
xxxxxx
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Hey laura,

Well i was thinkiing about you the other day, i wondered if u had figured out if it was SYD or MEL well now at least you are clear... i remember reading your first posts and saying that you were just "looking around" since you had another couple of years to wait... AND LOOK AT YOU NOW!!!

Oh well, for my part i am in Montreal CANADA at the moment, visiting my boyfriend... flying back to switzerland tomorrow though!

Take care,

fabie
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Hey laura,

Well i was thinkiing about you the other day, i wondered if u had figured out if it was SYD or MEL well now at least you are clear... i remember reading your first posts and saying that you were just "looking around" since you had another couple of years to wait... AND LOOK AT YOU NOW!!!

Oh well, for my part i am in Montreal CANADA at the moment, visiting my boyfriend... flying back to switzerland tomorrow though!

Take care,

fabie

thanks fabie

by you do get about dont you, you little jet setter you!

hope your having a good time in Canada, as i know you were missin ya fella loads.

I can defo go snowboarding now seeing as im off to melbourne, so might be calling on ya for some tips!

take care

laura
xxx
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Very best of luck in Melb'n Laura! We might even meet up there if a forum meet is organised!
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:23 pm
Cheeky

Laura......

Is it me.......Your avatar looks different.....have you changed the surfboard on it?

Or have I completely lost it and its been there all the time!! (Just looks different thats all!!)

Or maybe its me.....nope not had a drink!

Ok Ill go, bye!

Cheeky

Old Nov 30th 2004, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Laura......

Is it me.......Your avatar looks different.....have you changed the surfboard on it?

Or have I completely lost it and its been there all the time!! (Just looks different thats all!!)

Or maybe its me.....nope not had a drink!

Ok Ill go, bye!

Cheeky

yes cheeky youre right, 10 out of 10 for your observation skills. When i put it on before the board was missin so wayne did it again for me,this time with the board included

laura
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.