Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG the time is nearly here.........

OMG the time is nearly here.........

Old Jul 28th 2004, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Ali Chinery is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OMG the time is nearly here.........

I am a virgin to this forum, only just signed up today so forgive me if I come across as not knowing what to do, I don't!!

My fiance and I are leaving the UK on 16th Sept to emigrate to Australia. Jeepers, I can't believe how long it's taken to get through all the red tape etc and boy what roller coaster ride, but thank goodness our roller coaster ride finishes when we get off in Perth and not too soon I can tell you. I'm not saying it's going to be a barrel of laughs to start with but we hope to settle soon and get into the Aussie way as soon as poss. Get me out of the UK I can't stand it here any more. We both work for the same company here in the UK but thankfully Neil has a job sorted out, a kind of internal transfer/secondment thing....... I've just handed my notice in today EEEEk no job for me over there but hey.

Anyway, I have the full residency visa and Neil has a full working visa . We are going to get married early next year probably in Fiji (depending on weather!) What I need to know is, how easy will it be for Neil to get his residency after we are married? Does anyone know or have 1st hand experience.

Thanks
Old Jul 28th 2004, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

Hi Ali,

I'm afraid I can't answer your question properly but if you are married there should be no problems in theory in getting your husband a full visa but from reading other threads I would say it can be a bit slow, lots of evidence of your relationship needed etc. Anyway, good luck with your move and keep us posted.

Lou
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

Ali Chinery is an unknown quantity at this point

Lou, thanks for that, I will keep you posted. What kind of things do they want as proof or evidence of our relationship? Copies of bills from the UK that have been addressed to us both or what?
Thanks again.

Originally posted by kulu
Hi Ali,

I'm afraid I can't answer your question properly but if you are married there should be no problems in theory in getting your husband a full visa but from reading other threads I would say it can be a bit slow, lots of evidence of your relationship needed etc. Anyway, good luck with your move and keep us posted.

Lou