Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

omg the shippers cant come till 3 days before we fly!!!!!

Wikiposts

omg the shippers cant come till 3 days before we fly!!!!!

Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:29 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default omg the shippers cant come till 3 days before we fly!!!!!

Hi all,

What a stressful day we've had!!!!
this is the scene:.........

We're in a chain of 4 houses, 5 families
last in chain is a 1st time buyer....our neighbours are buying our house and told us at end of feb..but took them till end of may to sell theirs..and so on down to 1st time buyers...

I might say that we think that we have been very patient so far....only phoned the estate agents perhaps every 7-10 days to find out how things were progressing.
Things have moved at snails pace and as we have to validate by 3rd october at the beginning of this month we thought what the hell book the flights and hope and prey that weve completed before we go...we wanted originally to leave the uk 18th august..then it was..oh complete 29th..nope..oh well 5th sept..nope ....maybe 12th and so it went on..but we were aiming for the 5th/12th at the latest!!

COS we fly on 18th sept!!!!

I had an awful thought last week as we seemed no nearer to having a completion date to aim for and said to our solicitor that i hoped to god that our shippers..'crown relocations' could send a team to pack us if we booked so near to the time of completion!!!!
:scared: :scared:
so we thought that we would phone crown and ask them to pack for us any time and we would camp in the house if need be..it never entered our heads before that!!!!
we phoned the estate agents this am and the first time buyers havent even got their bleeding council search back...omg!!!!

so we phoned crown and they told my hubby that they were fully booked but they would see what they could do!!!!!!!!!!:scared: :scared:

so for 10 minutes we thought omg what the hell are we gonna do....
we were called back to say that they can pack us but on the monday and tuesday 15th and 16th september.
i called the estate agents and told her the dilema and asked her to contact everyone and hope that they all agree to complete the 17th(wed) am...AND thank gawd they have!!!!

so folks its cutting it very fine isnt it and i would never have wanted it to be this way at all....

maybe there is a lesson to be learned eh??.....get the packers to pencil you in at an early date and be prepared to camp/move out at any cost...anything is better than cutting it so fine!!!!

so im now having a glass of the old sparkling champagne...gotta drink the alcohol before we go..hic..thats my excuse!!!!!
Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point

yvsie, fingers crossed i am sure this will work out for you. Reading all the threads you realise everyone on here is taking calaculated risks and you gotta believe luck favours the brave.

Focus on the champers for tonight anyway seems like a nice distraction.

BTW I read an article about 4 months in WHICH magazine where they showed a survey where 12 of the UK's best independant wine tasters in a blind tasting voted tecso's premier cru the best champayne under something like £40 a bottle. So if you have any more its £12/£13 a bottle and trust me its gorgeous. We have 1 month left to drink thorugh 4 cases. (Though we have a leaving do in the 14th so shoudn't be a problem).

Good luck I am sure I will come together for you.

James
Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:55 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your good wishes james..

the champers is nice but i dont believe its expensive....cant be..it was bought for me by a gp that i worked for as a leaving pressie...now i know he wont have spent that much will he surely??!!!!!
Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:58 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: omg the shippers cant come till 3 days before we fly!!!!!

Originally posted by yvsie
Hi all,

We're in a chain of 4 houses, 5 families
last in chain is a 1st time buyer....our neighbours are buying our house and told us at end of feb..but took them till end of may to sell theirs..and so on down to 1st time buyers...

I might say that we think that we have been very patient so far....only phoned the estate agents perhaps every 7-10 days to find out how things were progressing.
Things have moved at snails pace and as we have to validate by 3rd october at the beginning of this month we thought what the hell book the flights and hope and prey that weve completed before we go...we wanted originally to leave the uk 18th august..then it was..oh complete 29th..nope..oh well 5th sept..nope ....maybe 12th and so it went on..but we were aiming for the 5th/12th at the latest!!

COS we fly on 18th sept!!!!

I had an awful thought last week as we seemed no nearer to having a completion date to aim for and said to our solicitor that i hoped to god that our shippers..'crown relocations' could send a team to pack us if we booked so near to the time of completion!!!!
so we thought that we would phone crown and ask them to pack for us any time and we would camp in the house if need be..it never entered our heads before that!!!!
we phoned the estate agents this am and the first time buyers havent even got their bleeding council search back...omg!!!!

so we phoned crown and they told my hubby that they were fully booked but they would see what they could do!!!!!!!!!!:scared: :scared:

so for 10 minutes we thought omg what the hell are we gonna do....
we were called back to say that they can pack us but on the monday and tuesday 15th and 16th september.
i called the estate agents and told her the dilema and asked her to contact everyone and hope that they all agree to complete the 17th(wed) am...AND thank gawd they have!!!!

so folks its cutting it very fine isnt it and i would never have wanted it to be this way at all....

maybe there is a lesson to be learned eh??.....get the packers to pencil you in at an early date and be prepared to camp/move out at any cost...anything is better than cutting it so fine!!!!

so im now having a glass of the old sparkling champagne...gotta drink the alcohol before we go..hic..thats my excuse!!!!!

How very stressful. I hope the rest of your week is a bit better. Good luck with everything.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yvsie, that is really pushing it to the very limit.
I hope things work out okay for you.

Hubby and I were discussing the same thing only the other day. We have decided to get the removals in and give us a quote, then as soon as we have a date and sign contracts, we are going to get the furniture sent on its way. We have the fortunate that we have a caravan in the garden, which is staying with the property, and we would beable to live in there for a few weeks quite comfotably, apart from the washing. I think that is going to be the best bet. It would mean that we get the furniture sooner once we are at the other end.

Whisky
Old Aug 26th 2003, 9:34 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck Yvsie. I'm starting to panic a bit now as we have booked PSS for removals on the 4th September. Trouble is that they want a destination address in Perth. We have booked accomodation with Poms in Perth for the 13th October but to date have not received a reply from them with an address that we can use. (I believe they are in the process of purchasing the property we will be renting). Do you think I would get away with making up an address? I am in danger of losing the removal slot now and as we complete on the 10th Sept God knows what we'll do. Seems a bit stupid really as we will have left the accomodation before our container lands and so will be giving them a new contact address anyway!

Anyone any ideas how to get round it?

Steph
Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Yvsie, take deep breaths! We were in the same position, we had the packers in on the Friday and headed for Heathrow on the monday, flew Tuesday a.m. We'd exchanged contracts but didn't complete until after we were here.

One consolation was we were so busy we didn't have time to be too emotional! We were lucky and enlisted loads of family & friends to help. The kids finished school on the Friday and went to stay with my sister in law who was pregnant so couldn't help with the move much anyway! They had a fantastic time & were spoilt rotten, taken to a zoo, parks, swimming etc., so I really didn't have to worry about them.

For us it was a mad rush as we didn't exchange contracts until the previous Friday. Hopefully knowing in advance you can get writing all your lists and be organised & ready. Accept help, even when the packers have gone there's normally stuff still to be disposed of, cleaning etc to be done and you probably won't be in a state to do it all yourself.

It will be a hectic and difficult time but it's one more step towards your destination so is positive. Just remember to get someone to chill the wine!!

Good luck

Loopy
Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Yvsie - what can I say

then

then

hugs
Diane
Old Aug 26th 2003, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Chill Yvsie, we packed on Wed/Thurs, Completed on the Friday, flew on the Monday...

Saw the container opened today, looked good inside, just as it was packed (thank god), quarantine will check it tomorrow and delivery Friday, fingers crossed. Brought back all the memories of the stressful days it was loaded..
We used John Masons and it has been good so far and to schedule to the day, so see what dates they have available..

Best to get going immediately you pack up otherwise you just mope around with extended goodbyes.

Talk to you soon Yvsie
Mash

Originally posted by yvsie
Hi all,

Old Aug 26th 2003, 2:29 pm
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Our furniture was packed up two weeks before we left and also before exchange and completion - you have to take the gamble and risk it. We had had various quotes and picked a first and second choice. Our first choice was not available on the dates that we wanted so had to go with our second choice. Don't worry about the delivery address, we didn't have one and the forms get sent off as they were. The forms have now been sent to us at our rented property ready for us to insert a new address. Our vessel arrived late Monday night and the container should be ready for collection by the removal people this end. It will then be checked by customs next week and all being well delivered to our new home which we hope to get on 10th Sept. if all goes to plan.

Its a stressful time - be prepared - but all the furniture has gone it is like a big weight is lifted on your shoulders. We are now looking forward to getting our stuff back - it will be like Christmas!

Good luck.

Dawn
Old Aug 26th 2003, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Godgirl you dont do things by half do you chuck !!!! Cant wait to see you and kev and kids , getting closer now
Joanne xxx
Old Aug 26th 2003, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point

I think writing it down and detailing how stressful it all is helps you get it out of your system.
We have the packers coming in on Friday, and I've got to admit Im not stressed at all in any shape or form. I don't know why, I supposed we've waited so long for the visa.
Hubby on the other hand is getting last minute nerves. I keep telling him emigrating is like marrage.... you dont know what its gonna be like till you've done it..... hes gone very quiet since

Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wolfens_wife
I think writing it down and detailing how stressful it all is helps you get it out of your system.
We have the packers coming in on Friday, and I've got to admit Im not stressed at all in any shape or form. I don't know why, I supposed we've waited so long for the visa.
Hubby on the other hand is getting last minute nerves. I keep telling him emigrating is like marrage.... you dont know what its gonna be like till you've done it..... hes gone very quiet since

Think I might give that one a try, shut him up for a bit.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:44 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

Hi all,
thanks for your good wishes ....im a bit less stressed this morning...think the champagne helped!

at least i can see a poitive side to it now. originally we were going to stay in my mum's house (she is also moving this week..eeekkkk) and we would have had to take beds and some of the furniture that we arent taking with us there. so now we can stay here until the last minute ..and yes we will be busy so no time for tears etc...book into airport hotel the evening before we fly and off we go!!!!

leaving 'do' this weekend so im looking forward to that!

taking dog to shippers on tuesday...not looking forward to that!

chill for a bit...then all hell will let loose!

Old Aug 26th 2003, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck with it all Yvsie.

footie chick xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.