Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG!! A real reason to be sorry Aus is '20' years behind..

OMG!! A real reason to be sorry Aus is '20' years behind..

Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default OMG!! A real reason to be sorry Aus is '20' years behind..

Fire brigade turnout jackets.

Ours are dark blue/black, woollen thick jackets. Weigh a tonne. Nice and warm in the winter before the coonara gets going. Even the Metropolitan Fire Brigade wear them. The technology must be near 20 years old. The firefighters in 'Backdraft' in the 1971 opening sequence scene are wearing something similar.

Our wildfire gear is reasonably modern.

So next time someone whinges about something being OMG 20 years behind stop whining!

Badge :scared:

PS Of course, I am happy to have them.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:33 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG!! A real reason to be sorry Aus is '20' years behind..

Are they scratchy???

Lynn
Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Are they scratchy???

Lynn
no they are nothing like the old scratchy Hairy Mary Army shirts that women loved to feel against them ....

Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:28 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
no they are nothing like the old scratchy Hairy Mary Army shirts that women loved to feel against them ....

Badge,

How come you changed your name?

Paul.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Ours are nice, lime green ones, pretty lightweight flameproof jackets and trousers.

Combined with helmet, goggles, gloves and steel toecap boots they comprise our PPE or Personal Protective Equipment.

We're also getting some cool new masks to keep the smoke out, the current paper ones are crap. I though I was going to go down at one point during the Burns Beach Rd. fire I'd breathed in so much smoke!
Old Mar 24th 2006, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Just want to say a big thankyou to all those brave firemen and fireladies out there They have a difficult enough job as it is without the added pressures of the dangers they face each and every time they have a call out. So here's to you all and may you all stay safe
Old Mar 24th 2006, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

As long as they are fireproof.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 6:57 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: OMG!! A real reason to be sorry Aus is '20' years behind..

Originally Posted by Sorchar
Just want to say a big thankyou to all those brave firemen and fireladies out there They have a difficult enough job as it is without the added pressures of the dangers they face each and every time they have a call out. So here's to you all and may you all stay safe
Hear hear!

And a special thankyou to the volunteer fire services in the rural districts, who work so hard to keep the rest of us safe!
Old Mar 24th 2006, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by renth
Ours are nice, lime green ones, pretty lightweight flameproof jackets and trousers.

Combined with helmet, goggles, gloves and steel toecap boots they comprise our PPE or Personal Protective Equipment.

We're also getting some cool new masks to keep the smoke out, the current paper ones are crap. I though I was going to go down at one point during the Burns Beach Rd. fire I'd breathed in so much smoke!

Our orange gear, wildfire ensemble, top and bottom are new and stylish. The structural turnout jackets work fine and are safe. There're just not new that's all. They even have a built in harness

Originally Posted by Sorchar
Love it too much for it to be a pain. I'd be doing it full time if it paid more.

Cheers
Old Mar 24th 2006, 12:43 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps we should have an expats calendar....... Badge & Renth sporting their wildfire ensemble..... etc....

What d'ya recon girls

Lynn
Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
Badge,

How come you changed your name?

Paul.
Ditto!

I didn't realise this moniker was you mate until I saw that you'd signed it!
Old Mar 25th 2006, 4:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Ditto!

I didn't realise this moniker was you mate until I saw that you'd signed it!
My wife had a baby and I thought I would kick my BE habit my closing my account.

Then I decided to post only stuff to put people 'straight'(!) because I don't like the plainly wrong stuff.

I post a bit more, but not often as I used to.

My little girl is beautiful - she looks like a girl (she has long hair at 6 months) and not a baby. It's weird seeing other babies they look so different and all the same at the time. She gets comments everywhere we go. She's been entered in a few competitions(!) She is also very alert - its the second thing that everyone says.

B
Old Mar 27th 2006, 7:05 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
My wife had a baby and I thought I would kick my BE habit my closing my account.

Then I decided to post only stuff to put people 'straight'(!) because I don't like the plainly wrong stuff.

I post a bit more, but not often as I used to.

My little girl is beautiful - she looks like a girl (she has long hair at 6 months) and not a baby. It's weird seeing other babies they look so different and all the same at the time. She gets comments everywhere we go. She's been entered in a few competitions(!) She is also very alert - its the second thing that everyone says.

B
Great to hear that you're enjoying family life!

Take care.