Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OMG - Look what was attached to my son's head (not for the squeamish)

OMG - Look what was attached to my son's head (not for the squeamish)

Old Nov 6th 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice
Default Re: OMG - Look what was attached to my son's head (not for the squeamish)

That's horrible - it's just so big. Do you think he got it last weekend at Mt Tamborine?

By the way O's hair looks grey in the photo - maybe it was the shock!

I hope Tracey doesn't see this as she will never go camping again .
Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:28 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Re: OMG - Look what was attached to my son's head (not for the squeamish)

Originally Posted by kt.2006
That's horrible - it's just so big. Do you think he got it last weekend at Mt Tamborine?

Possibly Tamborine but he was complaining about an itchy head before camping - I ran the nit comb through the night before we went but I guess that may have found a tick. The Dr used to work in Tamborine and he said he saw lots of cases there!

Should I be bringing the tick to coffee then
Old Nov 6th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

perthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really nice

uurrrggghhh, i am sqeamish when my kids have had nits!!
I think I would freak if I found one of those!
my son would be the same too - showing it to everyone in a jar!!
xx
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

For my dog in the far east we used Mum's Chanel no 5 (alcohol based). Not only expensive but you get weird looks walking a male bull terrier stinking of expensive perfume!!!!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

My friend lives in Thornland and her poor old doggie nearly died a few months ago from a tick, she tries to walk him on the road and not in the long grass, same with the kids as well
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:15 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

How scary!
Glad your son is alright.
~J x
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kt.2006

Thanks girls - as if the toilet block for '2' for a campsite of 100's wasn't enough (with no complimentary bus to take us to it) - Or dragging me up a mountain over rocks, through water etc. wasn't enough to remind me I HATE CAMPING - I think I'm going to have to revisit my stock of 'chemicals' for the next trip (Kathy I bet your glad I gassed you now!) - and NO DO NOT BRING THAT THING TO COFFEE!

Now I can't stop itching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T x
Old Nov 6th 2008, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!! I hope your son is ok now. Top of my "to do" list is getting my dogs up to date with tic repellant stuff!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Nov 6th 2008, 11:35 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rudi
OMG!!! I hope your son is ok now. Top of my "to do" list is getting my dogs up to date with tic repellant stuff!

Love

Rudi
x
He is fine - has taken the tick to school today poor teachers Apparently chickens get ticks too (although I'm not catching mine to have a look - we lost 3 to foxes and now have 2 original and 2 6 week olds) but its dogs that seem to suffer the most - all dogs I know that have died have not had tick protection - you can imagine checking a Golden Retriever is not easy but we try!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 11:38 pm
Just enjoying being here

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
- I think I'm going to have to revisit my stock of 'chemicals' for the next trip
So there is going to be a next trip then
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:06 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhopeful
uurrrggghhh, i am sqeamish when my kids have had nits!!
I think I would freak if I found one of those!
my son would be the same too - showing it to everyone in a jar!!
xx
You wont get ,Paralysis ticks in Perth they dont like dry climates..........mm
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:17 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
So there is going to be a next trip then
Down the army surplus to get a chemical warfare suit glad I've not got long hair.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Anne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really niceAnne2Oz is just really nice

I had one like that after a scouts camp as a teenager!!! and it was under my boob, very embarrassing!!!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:44 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have spent my last few shifts at work(kids itu) looking after a kid from Queensland who is paralysed by a tick bite,thankfully he is on the mend,these ****** ticks are serious
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:48 am
Just enjoying being here

Hope he gets better. Should I be worried now its gone!!

I guess there must be different types of ticks - the Dr didn't seem fazed at all at our one - someone at my OH's work said the bigger the better and there are smaller ones that cause more harm.

I guess all us Qlders should be vigilant during the tick season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.